We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Grocery Store

Which La Quinta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London Ontario
reviews: 3
Best Grocery Store

Looking for the best grocery store(s) in La Quinta area.

Fresh produce, seafoods and steak selections plus ability to purchase wine or liquor.

Thanks for your help

20 replies to this topic
London Ontario
11. Re: Best Grocery Store

Thanks again everyone for your comments - looking forward to our holidays

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
12. Re: Best Grocery Store

You'll have a great time over the holidays. Where are you staying in La Quinta, a Villa/Condo or a home rental?

The La Quinta Resort is gorgeous this Christmas Holiday. We were there for dinner on Saturday night. The decorations and lights are all over the property. There is a huge outdoor Christmas Tree in the middle of the Plaza.

Have dinner at El Adobe Grill or just a drink on the patio. Live entertainment.

Hummelstown, pa
reviews: 80
13. Re: Best Grocery Store

There is no question in my mind it is Bristol Farms at Country Club and Monterey. Just got back from a week in Palm Desert and shoped there all the time. GREAT meat and Produce.

Regina, Canada
reviews: 64
14. Re: Best Grocery Store

Go to Bristol Farms in Palm Desert. You wont be disappointed. It is on Country Club drive

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
15. Re: Best Grocery Store

FYI, the Fresh and Easy chain in the USA is about to be sold by Tesco, as the chain has had many issues...

Warner, New...
reviews: 2
16. Re: Best Grocery Store

Do any of these grocery stores have catering or make platters? Looking to host a brunch after a wedding in Feb. on a Sunday morning at our condo. Thanks!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
17. Re: Best Grocery Store

Yes, Bristol Farms should. I've used them a number of times in my hometown store for catering a brunch. The quality is there.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
18. Re: Best Grocery Store

Ralphs has excellent catering. I've used them for several events and everyone is always impressed. Much less expensive than Bristol Farms. My local Ralphs even makes great fresh sushi. I'm not sure if they do at the La Quinta location. Call the deli department for information and menus …ralphs.com/StoreLocator/StoreDetails.aspx…

Indio, California
reviews: 8
19. Re: Best Grocery Store

no matter where you are located in the desert it is worth the drive to Bristol Farms is you want top quality.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
20. Re: Best Grocery Store

For your catering and liquor purchase, pay the membership fee and use the Costco in La Quinta. Better prices, good wine selection. They have ready made platters and a bakery department. Their seafood is also pretty fresh, especially compared to some of the grocery stores.

Most caterers use Costco.

I like Fresh & Easy, and would certainly check it out while in the area. They aren't going anywhere until at least March.

Edited: 2:49 pm, January 20, 2013
Reply to: Best Grocery Store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted