We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Grocery Store

Which La Quinta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London Ontario
reviews: 3
Best Grocery Store

Looking for the best grocery store(s) in La Quinta area.

Fresh produce, seafoods and steak selections plus ability to purchase wine or liquor.

Thanks for your help

20 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Best Grocery Store

I would look at Sprouts Farmers Market and Stater Bros. Both have great meat departments. Sprouts would be a bit better for produce. Stater Bros. would have the better Liquor Department.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Best Grocery Store

I love the Fresh and Easy there in La Quinta. It's the US version of Tesco. They have a nice selection of wines and beer, but no hard liquor. For liquor I usually go to the BevMo.

The Fresh and Easy is in the cute downtown area at 78130 Calle Tampico

The BevMo is at 79715 California 111 in a strip mall.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
3. Re: Best Grocery Store

I am not a fan of Fresh and Easy, since the Produce is pre-packaged, and there is no Butcher onsite, once again, just pre-packaged meats.

BevMo is a good choice for Alcoholic Beverages.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
4. Re: Best Grocery Store

I like Jensen's. But the very best is in Palm Desert at Bristol Farms.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
5. Re: Best Grocery Store

I do 90% of my grocery shopping at my local Fresh & Easy. Nice people, nice selections, nice prices & they give back to their local communities.

Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Best Grocery Store

Trader Joe's.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
7. Re: Best Grocery Store

I like Trader Joe's, but it lacks a true Meat Department (pre-packaged only), and its liquor department is limited. You can find some good deals on beer and wine, but no hard liquor. Also everything is no-name items, so don't expect to find things like Budweiser and Coke products. I like it is a once in a while place.

Where I live, I have a Sprouts and a Trader Joe's right across the street from each other, I find I am going much more often to Sprouts than Trader Joe's. (FYI, Sprouts used to be known as Henry's)

www.sprouts.com

And I use Stater Bros. as my main Supermarket, a main reason is its great Meat Department and Butchers. Also, Stater Bros. is a local Southern California chain, unlike Fresh and Easy, which is a British owned company. Stater Bros. does a lot of community outreach. They just had a major Food Drive in association with a local TV station, KTLA. They help raise a lot of food and cash donations for multiple Food Banks in Southern California, and in addition Stater Bros. gave Tens of Thousands of dollars to the Food Banks. Over the last 10 years, they have donated over $100 million to charities in Southern California

staterbros.com/BottomMenu/…CommunityHome.aspx

www.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
8. Re: Best Grocery Store

We stay frequently in La Quinta. For general all around good one stop shopping for everything you are looking for, fresh produce, alcohol, bakery, meat/fish we like the Ralphs Market at:

50919 Washington Street; near Old Town.

…ralphs.com/StoreLocator/StoreDetails.aspx…

If you are looking especially for meat, the La Quinta Meat Market is at:

78100 Calle Tampico

Around the corner from Ralphs.

If you are staying up near Hwy. 111, the other stores are located up there. On vacation I don't like to take the time to hop from store to store.

Last week when we stayed in Palm Desert, we also shopped at Ralph's there down the street. On the way back from the Imax theater we did stop at Bristol Farms for some special items. It's my favorite store at home.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
9. Re: Best Grocery Store

Darkbeer, Not sure whether your false statement about Fresh & Easy was due to your ignorance or a willful falsehood,

In fact They support LOCAL charities in all of their locations. As an example their store on Mission Blvd in Hayward California gave a $1,000 to Magnolia Womens Recovery Center, Hayward, a center for pregnant women with substance abuse problems, The clients not only get clean & sober, but learn parenting skills, get job training becoming productive useful members of society. The Staff at the LOCAL store vote on who their donations go to, not some Corporate office such as Stater Bros home office. This is done at EVERY location on a regular basis.

You really should get the facts before making such statements. You apology is accepted.

PS Your Beloved Budweiser is owned by a Dutch Corp. FYI

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
10. Re: Best Grocery Store

I've never been to a Trader Joe's that didn't have hard liquor (must be city by city). Bought Tequila at the one next to UCIrvine and was quite surprised that that particular one had it, given it's practically on a campus. Good prices on aged reposado tequilas.

Fresh and Easy's seem to vary quite a bit by location, too. The one near work has desserts that are the bomb, all packaged in plastic that's a bit wasteful, but still wonderful tiramisu and things made with crumbled cookies and chocolate. But the one closer to home has no such tiramisu, :(

Reply to: Best Grocery Store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted