We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How in heck can you get to the airport??

Which La Quinta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 3
How in heck can you get to the airport??

I have been amazed at the dearth of transport, or even of one shuttle, Super or otherwise, to get to the PS airport from La Quinta.

It seems if one is not in a residency club, renting a car or at a resort there is no alternative but a cab. With gratuity, this is quite nearly a $100 adventure. Anyone have any inside information? Best regards!

Edited: 5:17 pm, September 07, 2012
6 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

Dining, shopping and golfing options are so spread out in that area that renting a car is generally the option of people traveling that way.

I've gone down several times and even if we stay right in Palm Springs we rent a car because BF wants to golf at Indian Wells, La Quinta or elsewhere.

Edited: 8:49 pm, September 07, 2012
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
2. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

How do you plan to get TO La Quinta in the first place??

Most folks drive. This is not a large city with a massive public transport infrastructure. There are some local buses but that's it.

Bucharest
3. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

I used to live in La Quinta. There is a public bus. I saw it once. Rent a car. Unless you are staying at one of the big resorts with everything you need you will want a car.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
4. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

Maybe try www.palmspringsshuttle.com

Seattle
reviews: 3
5. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

Well, I live there part of the time, and figured someone might know something I don't! Never been in a fairly large area you could't catch a shuttle to/from airport. Thanks very much. Kindest regards.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
6. Re: How in heck can you get to the airport??

Riff asked the best question. How do you plan to get there? And do you expect to spend all of your time at the resort?

I can't imagine being there without a car. For the price of your taxi/shuttle, you can rent one. You'll be glad to have it.

Reply to: How in heck can you get to the airport??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted