We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Which La Quinta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, Canada
reviews: 48
PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of renting via VRBO a condo located at either places and was hoping that anyone could give me comments or feedback on this community, the pool amenities (lots of chair and nice surrounding?) as well if there is a gym on site and how far from anywhere by feet? My hubby is wondering if discount is given to people staying at these condos? Any comments will be very much appreciated.

11 replies to this topic
Parksville, Canada
reviews: 18
1. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Hi

PGA West is a beautiful community. There are several golf courses (Stadium, Palmer, etc) - all surrounded by condos. Landscaping is beautiful, and there are swimming pools dotted around each complex. We love staying at PGA West, but we don't golf there. The courses that are private are VERY private, and the public courses are expensive and no, you don't get a discount if you're staying at PGA West!

There is no public-access fitness centre that I'm aware of at PGA West. And while walking around PGA West itself is very nice, but there is nowhere to walk TO. Closest shopping is about 7 minutes away, and Old Town La Quinta is maybe 10 minutes. Generally speaking, you're in your car a lot when you stay there - but that can be said for a lot of places in the Coachella Valley. Of course if you stay near downtown Palm Springs, or near El Paseo in Rancho Mirage, you can walk to restaurants and shops easily.

Hope this is helpful.

Chilliwack, Canada
2. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Thank you Robinsegg for your info. We did rent a nice condo via VRBO in PGA West. Will post our comments upon returning from our trip to Palm Springs, next week.

Parksville, Canada
3. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Looking forward to hearing what you thought.

Chilliwack, Canada
4. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Well, it took me a bit longer to finally post this review of our trip to Palm Spring and stay at the PGA West.

The condo we rented was perfect, directly on the PGA West Golf Course, so hubby loved to sit and watch golfer while sipping his coffee on back terrace. He did not play there as it was a bit too expensive, but there are so many affordable and beautiful golf course all around that anyone can find something that will fit their own budget. The PGA West is a gated community and well kept. The pools are spaced at about every 10 condos or so and you can walk on the road or along the grass area adjacent to golf course to get there. The pool we used was only 3 minutes from condo and well kept. It had few lounge chair, but no shade area at all. Water was perfect but it is not a heated pool, so will be colder in the winter months. We knew that there were no hot tubs and found that we missed it a lot. So next time, we will try to find something that had hot tubs as part of the resort. Close to the resort is the Costco, where we stock up in grocery and booze of all kind. They have amazing price on booze too! Bev Mo is just beside Costco as well and offers some cigars for sell for people that like a stoogie while on holiday. While in PS, we rented bikes and went through a self directed bike tour in downtown PS. It was a great day (hot!) and the bike were in great condition. We would do it again. We also went to the Thursday night fare, where the main street in PS is closed down to traffic and vendors set up their shop. Lots of food and various kiosks. A great night to sit and watch people. Between golf and lay by the pool and some shopping, we did not do much else and found that we had no time to visit any park. So, we will definitely come back and visit again. Hope this review was helpful.

Parksville, Canada
5. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Glad you enjoyed PGA West ... we really enjoy it there.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

We love staying in La Quinta. Glad your drove around and saw other parts of the valley.

Thanks for your report.

B.C. Canada
reviews: 51
7. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

We stay at PGA every year for a month and just love it. We have seen other complexes but keep coming back to this one. In fact, we are in negotiations on purchasing a 3 bedroom townhouse on the Stadium course!! Wish us luck and look for our rental in the future.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
8. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Thanks for your report. Re a condo complex with jacuzzi/hot tubs, try Monterey Country Club. It is similar to PGA West in layout (on golf course with multiple pools) but they do have the hot tub/jacuzzi with the pool complexes.

PS I used to own a condo, no longer do, so no conflict of interest!

B.C. Canada
reviews: 51
9. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

Well no conflict here....cuz I don't own one.....yet. We have just rented there and loved it so much that we are considering purchasing :).

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
10. Re: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo

I was really addressing the OP re her comment on wanting jacuzzi/hot tubs.

If you are going to buy, the real kicker is the HOA dues, and how the complex is managed...I would never recommend buying at Monterey at this point, just renting!

Reply to: PGA West and PGA West Stadium condo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted