We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Quinta Resort for anniversary

Which La Quinta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
reviews: 1
La Quinta Resort for anniversary

Last minute change of plans for anniversary.

We'll be staying at the La Quinta Resort for 5 nights. Just want to read and relax poolside, walk, enjoy some tasty food and quality time together.

Our only room choices were the resort casitas or spa villa rooms. We chose the latter with a patio because from what I understand the resort casitas are the most basic and could be anywhere including the "vintage" originals which from the reviews sound like they're run down?? Can anyone confirm that info or have any info on the spa villa roomsand location?

I hope we made the right choice! Hoping it's in a good location and that there is a nice view from the patio that we paid more to have.

Any tips, insider scoop or favorite locations you can tell me about this resort?

I'm aware of the resort fees, but any hidden fees? One of the reviews mentioned a $ 13 (or 15?) fee per person to take your bags to your room. True?

Any thoughts on the resort restaurants? Any restaurant recommendations in the town of La Quinta? And I would love a glass of wine or cocktail somewhere with a great view or pretty environment , preferably outdoors. Open to all suggestions?

Thank you!

Edited: 4:34 pm, April 02, 2011
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: La Quinta Resort for anniversary

La Quinta is our favorite resort. We're going there a week at Easter with the family.

You are correct, the resort casitas are all around the resort. We stayed in one our first visit, not knowing better. Usually not fronting a swimming pool, but close by. I think the Spa Villa rooms are over on the area where the LQ spa is located, and will be a better room.

Our last visit was this past Oct. and we were not charged that fee to have our bags driven to our casita. On the other hand, they give you a map and you could drive your self, as they circle where to park your car, closest to your room.

We never miss El Adobe Grill at the resort. They have live entertainment out on the patio, around the fire pit on weekends and holidays. They make the best margarita's and table side guacamole.

Our favorite restaurants in LQ, in no order:

Desert Sage

Lavender Bistro

Fisherman's Market

Hog's Breath Inn

Homestead Restaurant

Cliffhouse

LG's Prime Steakhouse

Cork Tree (Palm Desert)

2. Re: La Quinta Resort for anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 11, 2014