We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riffsmom

Which La Jolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 7
riffsmom

Thank you so much for you quick response.

I am very torn between the following. Staying at the Marriott Marina, having the nice views of the Marina, enjoy a big beautiful pool, walk around the shops and fine dining. Or, stay in the La Jolla area, right at the Beach. I am travelling with my 16year old daughter and this is our last stop on our trip from SFO. We are starting out on June 24 and ending on July 4. Stopping all along the way on Route 1. So the last couple of nights, it was just going to be relaxing my a beautiful pool or at the Beach. What do you think? Thank you

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
1. Re: riffsmom

First of all I hope you are involving your 16 yr. old in some of the decision making. I know at that age they generally have a lot of opinions! If you are going to be in town for a few days, and you have already driven thecoast route you might like staying downtown with a driving visit 20 min,. north to La jolla cove to walk around have lunch/bkfst/dinner and see the seals on the beach. In the same way you could stay at La Jolla cove and drive down to downtown and the bay. I think there is actually more fine dining AWAY from the downtown area which is overpriced for tourists.

The Marriott& Marina is a very nice hotel with a GREAT pool. None of the La jOlla hotels have pools that are so great but the one at La Valencia is OK and overlooks the ocean. Let me know what you decide and if I can help more with the decision. If you feel you've had enough of coast views then stay downtown if you feel you've had enough of city atmosphere then stay at La Jolla.