We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

picnic suggestions

Which La Jolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 44
picnic suggestions

hi everyone, we will be in La Jolla for 3 days next week and we are planning on doing the beach hike at the Torrey Pines Reserve. Since all my activities are centered around the next best bite I was just wondering where we could pick up a picnic lunch to take with us? Maybe somewhere close to the La Velancia where we are staying??........many thanks. shannon

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: picnic suggestions

Perhaps here in La Jolla Shores along the way to Torrey Pines:

http://www.cheeseshoplajolla.com/

OR make a stop here at the Torrey Pines Gliderport and take out from the cafe there:

sandiegofreeflight.com/jm170/index.php/cafe

I am sure there will be other ideas coming!

La Jolla, California
Destination Expert
for La Jolla
reviews: 57
2. Re: picnic suggestions

As long as you will be having the picnic at the beach, you will be OK. You are not allowed to picnic at the Torrey Pines Reserve itself.

Near La Valencia Hotel are several places that come to mind:

Living Room Coffeehouse: small deli (love their baklava if they just got it in fresh)

Jonathan's Market: deli

Girard Gourmet: deli--go early because they get very busy during lunch time

Panera: OK, it's a chain, but you can get picnic stuff to go

Pannikin: yes, they do more than just great coffee

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: picnic suggestions

Thanks for the info! The Gliderport sounds like great fun and since we can't eat in the park anyways we might as well have lunch and enjoy the view!! But I have to pick the baklava up at the coffeehouse as well......yum.

La Jolla, California
reviews: 17
4. Re: picnic suggestions

Hi shan_wilcox,

I'm with Riff M on this one. The Cheese Shop in the Shores makes wonderful sandwiches. On the other hand, the ones at the Gliderport are good, too, so you really can't miss. You'll loke the view from the Gliderport - as well, of course, as from Torrey Pines State Reserve.

Enjoy.

Elizabeth Hansen

www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com

Edmonton, Canada
5. Re: picnic suggestions

thanks Elizabeth!!

6. Re: picnic suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 20, 2013