We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in La Jolla

Which La Jolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
acton, ma
Snorkeling in La Jolla

I'm going to be in La Jolla the first week in April and would LOVE to snorkel.

Does anyone have a sense of what there is to see and more importantly, how cold the water is? I have a half-wetsuit that was just warm enough for the Caribbean in January. Am I fooling myself thinking it'll do for La Jolla in April?

Thanks!

Pat

San Diego, CA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Snorkeling in La Jolla

Yes, you're fooling yourself, the water will still be quite cold in April and you'll want a full wetsuit. The best place to go snorkeling is in and around the sea caves where there is an underwater eco-reserve.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego-La_Jolla_Under…

Edited: 2:57 pm, March 13, 2011
La Jolla, California
reviews: 18
2. Re: Snorkeling in La Jolla

Scrapbooksbypat -

I think you're going to want a full wetsuit in April. In fact, I'm sure you will.

The La Jolla Cove is a good place to see bright orange garabaldi (the state fish of California), guitarfish, giant sea bass, and leopard sharks (harmless).

Sea lions are a fairly new feature at The Cove. So far, they have co-existed peacefully with swimmers and divers.

Cheers,

Elizabeth Hansen

La Jolla, Califirnia

3. Re: Snorkeling in La Jolla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 20, 2012