We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Which La Jolla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Has anyone stayed recently at the LJBTC and what is suggested for a nice quiet - expecially quiet - regular room or room with kitchenette? We don't care to be on the beach.

What shape is the place in and other input would be appreciated. Going in June.

reviews: 7
1. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

I like the kitchenette rooms that face the courtyard. It is not a 5 Star hotel- but we all go (and return every year!) because of the beach. I would suggest you eat dinner at least one night on the beach- you reserve a grill and do it yourself or have it catered. That nightly ritual of eating on the beach , watching the sunset, looking for the dolphins,etc is why we all return year after year. The added bonus is the weather is so cool you can play tennis anytime of the day also!

Colorado
reviews: 11
2. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Hello from another Coloradan! We just went to the LJBTC in May (our fourth long stay). I can't suggest a specific room as we always have an ocean-front suite, but I can say that the property was in great shape, and it appeared as though they were painting a number of the rooms while we were there (before the high season).

When I first went there, I have to admit I was a bit surprised by everything. I kind of expected a lot given the high rates. For example, I expected each room to have a private balcony, so I was surprised about how the rooms open up into walkways for the other rooms and how busy the first floor area was. The exterior of the building also at first seemed a bit dingy to me, but it is just the material used.

I have grown to really love the place, and we plan to return for another long stay later this year. We love being able to walk right out to the beach, which they rake every morning. (I was surprised by all the seaweed that accumulates during the day, but they groom the beach every morning.) We don't eat in their restaurant, but we have taken out some food from their beach service, such as burgers and shakes, which was just fine. We really need the kitchen, which is why we always have a suite. Don't know what other information you need. Hope this helps!

Colorado
3. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Thanks for the reply, AquaMom. We are renting two rooms around the patio (each with a kitchenette) and one standard room for a long weekend. These rooms are apparently around the patio area. What I'm after is quiet - we are not young so the beach area sounded a little too lively (and sandy) for us.

We will be eating out so no need for a full kitchen.

Think we will be OK? Thanks.

Colorado
reviews: 11
4. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Sounds absolutely perfect for what you are looking for! Hope you have a wonderful trip! We cannot wait to return!

Colorado
5. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

I hate to beat this subject to death but should we stay upstairs or down in the little kitchenettes around the patio - which is quieter? Thanks.

reviews: 7
6. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

Probably upstairs. You will also need to ask for extra fans (it can get hotter in the upstairs rooms)

7. Re: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 29, 2009