We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

Which Pingyao County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 40
Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

Hi, the six of us are visiting Pingyao in October 2013. We'd like to hire a van with driver in Pingyao. After that we'll be going to Datong via Taiyuan. We'd appreciate information on the cost and contacts we can make for reliable rentals.

Thanks.

Nuangnoi

Xi'an, China
1. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

you also can take train to Taiyuan and Datong from Pingyao. it's not hard for you to do that train trip.

beijing
reviews: 5
2. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

Old Pingyao itself is best explored on foot, or bicycle, or little electric trams. No vehicles allowed. So the van would presumably be for any excursions in the Pingyao vicinity and for the road trip to Datong. With 6 people, I think a private vehicle with driver is the way to do this and don't bother with trains and public buses. I don't have any recent info on specific companies, but this is pretty straightforward transportation stuff so an internet search should quickly bring up possibles for you to contact. If you know where you will be staying in Pingyao, they should also be able to arrange a suitable vehicle and driver, so you can ask and compare pricing.

Xi'an, China
3. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

That's right. a nice guide with van transportation is also a best option for your tour then.

London, United...
4. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

I have been to Pingyao Ancient City in November, 2012. I think you'd better to explore the city on foot. Because only battery cars are allowed to enter the city. You can rent the battery cart in the city.

Bangkok, Thailand
5. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

Thank you so much for all your help. We'll do the Pingyao city tour on foot. However, i think we do need a van for Wang Jia da Yuan trip outside Pingyao.

We do not need a guide. We are wondering how much it'll cost for the van and a driver especially to the above, and from Pingyao to Datong ( separate trip) via Tai Yuan. Wow, thanks so much for the reply.

beijing
reviews: 5
6. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

The Wang family courtyard and back, from Pingyao, is only a half-day trip. In Beijing, vans with driver (no guide/no "tour") for this size group--would be about RMB 800-900 for a day, maybe RMB 600 for a half-day. Not sure what Pingyao prices are, but should be similar, maybe slightly more since you'll be in high season. I have no idea how much for the one-way Pingyao to Datong, but try to include stops on the way at Jinci Temple in Taiyuan and at Yingxian to see the fabulous old Wooden Pagoda, which shouldn't add to the transport cost and gives the driver a smoke break and you all some good stuff to see that makes it more than a throwaway travel day. You wouldn't need a guide, just have the plan arranged in advance and communicated to the driver.

Bangkok, Thailand
7. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

Thank you so much kvchina, much appreciated.

8. Re: Pingyao reliable van rental with a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, April 29, 2014