We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irvine Amphitheatre

Which Irvine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Irvine Amphitheatre

Is there public transit from Irvine Centre ( I guess from where I will be residing) to go to Irvine Amphitheatre for a concert and be back using public transit to city centre?

8 replies to this topic
SoCal
reviews: 9
1. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

Where are you staying? What is the intersection?

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
2. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

Route 90 gets the closest to the Verizon Amphitheater.

www.octa.net

(There is a Trip Planner at the link above).

Slightly off topic, the Great Park has agreed to allow a new Amphitheater to be built (near the new Wet 'n Wild) when the Verizon loses it lease in 2017. So there should be no year without an venue available. (The new venue will be a bit smaller, 8,000 seats and a 2,000 lawn).

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
3. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

Good news on the amphitheater Darkbeer.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
4. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

The "Great Park" has been a disaster from day one. It would be a HUGE step up if it were even a "good park". So far, they have been able to get a few "balloons" in the air. Whoopeee!!!! It's been a joke that doesn't work.

To the OP: there are many places better than Irvine to live or stay. You'll be happier if you reconsider that choice. My personal opinion AND recommendation.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
5. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

FYI, here is the OC register article talking about the possible move to the Great Park.

ocregister.com/articles/park-372892-amphithe…

One good thing, if the move is made, the Irvine Amtrak/Metrolink Train Station is right there, so should have much better public transit options to the venue. (Many buses use train stations as a hub point).

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
6. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

I think the great park would in a brothel at this point if they agreed to pay for some infrastrucutre. What a mess. I have never seen so much money spent with nothing to show for it. Trailers, portable restrooms and a baloon, all for $200 million

SoCal
reviews: 9
7. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

Is it Wild Rivers or Wet N Wild?

I do not think you can get from the train station to the GP normally. Maybe that will change.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
8. Re: Irvine Amphitheatre

Oops, yes, it is Wild Rivers in Irvine (Las Vegas is getting the new Wet 'n Wild. (Temecula looks like they will also get a Wild Rivers).

I happened to take Metrolink to San Clemente on Sunday for its Seafest event, and made attention to the area, there is a sidewalk that goes out the "back" of the Irvine station that connects to a paved road in the Great Park, but there is a fence currently in place. But the fact there is a "new" sidewalk shows that they do have plans to allow access to the area in the future.

Reply to: Irvine Amphitheatre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted