We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Idyllwild weather and travel

Which Idyllwild hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Idyllwild weather and travel

Hi my family and I are considering moving to Idyllwild. Can anyone please describe what summers are like and how bad the winters get. I have read that the roads to Idyllwild are dangerous, would you agree? Any extra info/opinions are greatly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Idyllwild weather and travel

I think the roads are only dangerous in the winter when they are icy or snowy, otherwise they are just regular mountain highways.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 17
2. Re: Idyllwild weather and travel

You have to be willing to do a lot of commuting if you live in Idyllwild. If you sneeze - while driving through the 'town' you'll miss it. Its very very small.

Shopping, groceries, etc., are quite a drive into town. You'll have to be good at stocking up, taking inventory and managing supplies, otherwise, you'll be up and down the hill every other day. Schools are not the best quality there either and the place can get overrun with tourists during the summer.

Yes, the road is dangerous even if you are a careful driver because there's always the fool who's taking the turns too fast and yakking on the phone while doing it or the tourist not watching the road. I certainly wouldn't want my teenager driving that road on a regular basis - I'd be a basket case of worry.

Reply to: Idyllwild weather and travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted