We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family beach hotel

Which Huntington Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peak District...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Family beach hotel

Hi

We're flying into San Francisco next August and then doing a 2 week road trip down to LA. my husband then has a work conference to attend leaving me with 3 children (8,6&4) on our own for 5 nights. We need a super family friendly hotel in Orange County. Preferably beachfront location. Ideally kids clubs or activities and a few choices of dining. Must have swimming pool.

Would be grateful for any suggestions. I've found one place but looking for some alternatives to compare.

Many thanks

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
24,253 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Family beach hotel

My first thought is the Hyatt Regency, right across the street from the Pacific Ocean, and has a great water play area with Slyders.

http://tinyurl.com/c8pop8t

Edited: 4:40 pm, December 21, 2012
Peak District...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Family beach hotel

Thank you that is exactly where I'm thinking. Just want to check not overlooking anywhere before booking

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
40,199 posts
391 reviews
3. Re: Family beach hotel

There are no beach front hotels in Huntington Beach and surprisingly few in Southern California actually, relative to its size.

The Hyatt Regency is about as close as you'll get. It has several nice pools and is across the street from the beach and there is an overpass so you can avoid traffic. The Hilton Waterfront would be the next possibility.

Laguna Beach has a few beach front hotels, but none will have the nice pools of the Hyatt or Hilton in HB.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Family beach hotel

Thank you that is very useful

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
155 reviews
5. Re: Family beach hotel

Definitely the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. It has kids activities, a kids club, kids pool, and great access to a family friendly beach where you can make s'mores over a fire ring, rent bikes, fly kites, take surfing lessons, play volleyball, whatever. You'll love it.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Family beach hotel

Sounds perfect. Although I've had to google what a s'more is and now I want one :-)

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
24,253 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Family beach hotel

Oh my GOSH! S'mores are amazing, especially when made straight off the camp fire.... Marshmallow, chocolate and Graham Crackers.... Just a good, classic treat.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
155 reviews
8. Re: Family beach hotel

:-) Although you can make s'mores inside on your stove, they just aren't the SAME and not as good as when you make them over an open fire. Enjoy your new found treat.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
28,050 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Family beach hotel

Just for clarification. You toast the marshmallow over a fire, put it on a graham cracker, put a piece of Hersheys chocolate on that and top it with another graham cracker.

Classic campfire treat

Peak District...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Family beach hotel

Sounds great and good fun.

I'm guessing we have a lot to learn having never been to The US before. looking forward to learning though.