We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Which Huntington Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 7
Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

I'm interested in renting a car for a few days while we are staying at the Hilton in Huntington Beach. I dont want to rent from the airport because it is so much more expensive and we don't need one for the whole time. Can anyone recommend a national agency that is close to where we are staying? Thanks.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
1. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

I've rented from Hertz at 18582 Beach Boulevard Huntington Beach

(714) 378-0854

They will come pick you up from the hotel (or where ever you wish).

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
2. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

There is probably one at the hotel, but you might also check enterprise, they have good prices and will pick you up.

Michigan
3. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Thank you for your help. Will check these out.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Enterprise offices vary in customer satisfaction. Speaking only as to the HB office, based upon my own experience and that of several of my acquaintances -- AVOID!

Enterprise HB is known for turning around cars without service or washing (sometimes within minutes of turn-in by the last customer) and almost always with practically NO gas. So your first stop has to be at a gas station. You also cannot rely on getting the category of vehicle you requested.

In addition to the Hertz office noted above, there is an Avis office also on Beach Blvd: 19092 Beach Blvd, Suite W Huntington Beach, CA, 92648 , US (1) 714-374-1977.

Michigan
5. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Thanks for the heads up. That is exactly why I asked. Sometimes those privately owned offices are undependable. Think I will try Avis.

Michigan
6. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Here's an update. We rented from Avis. It was great. We took a cab to from the airport to our hotel and had a reservation for the next morning. We called Avis and they picked us up at our hotel to take us to the rental agency and took us back to the hotel when we returned the car.

We are a family of 5 with a lot of luggage so we rented a new Ford Flex for three days for $220 total. That was about $300 less than a mini van would have been from the airport. Avis was very nice and I wll do the same things next year.

It was also nice just taking a cab to and from the airport and not having to figure out where we were going after a long flight. Cab fair was about $45 each way with tip so we still came out ahead. We did have to ask the man at the taxi stand to call us a larger van taxi for us all but that only took a few extra minutes.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
reviews: 23
7. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Nice to read an update.

So many ask questions and then never give an update.

How was the rest of your stay in HB?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

Thanks for the report. Good to hear that you had a good experience with our local Avis office.

9. Re: Car rental agency close to Hilton in Huntington Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 25, 2013