We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

Which Hermosa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale
reviews: 4
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

Just booked a room at the Beach House Hotel and while I wanted a Ocean Front Room... one was not available so I had to go with an Ocean View room. Does anyone know if it would be a better view to request a room looking North or South? Any other input on this hotel or neighborhood great spots to go will be appreciated.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
1. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

Dang.... a Hermosa Beach question! This must be May's official HB question.

Does the north vs south question mean you are not getting ocean view???

I mean ocean view is west and the hotel lies north to south, so the only N or S rooms would be on the ends and I would call them partial ocean view, not ocean view.

All that said, the N rooms are over a park and the S rooms over a restaurant, so I'd say N.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

I love the Beach House, great pick. If I couldn't get a direct ocean view, I'd take the South side, with a view of the Hermosa Pier, lit up at night.

One of our favorite breakfast places is Good Stuff, and their patio is across the way. Here is a photo of the view from your room.

http://www.eatgoodstuff.com/hermosa-beach/

The Pier Plaza is at the base of the pier, and there are lots of really good restaurants to choose from.

…hubpages.com/hub/Hermosa-Beach-Pier

Scottsdale
reviews: 4
3. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

Hi Scottca075... yes, I'm afraid my option was ocean view vs ocean front (which was sold out) bummer. The ocean view say: 500 sq feet, 2nd and 3rd floors, north and south views, I agree.. I'm thinking North too. Thanks!

Thanks so much CAnative for the links and food recommendations. Will give it a try for sure. :)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
4. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

Will they keep your name on a list in case there is a cancellation before your arrival? Ocean front, high floor, is really the best.

Good luck.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
5. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

OMG if you are in Hermosa forget Good Stuff and head to the Poop Deck or the Mermaid (or both), two of the greatest dive bars in California!

6. Re: Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach - Room looking N or S?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 26, 2013