We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Holiday

Which Hermosa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redlands, California
reviews: 6
Thanksgiving Holiday

We are looking for a beach front house or condo to celebrate Thanksgiving in. It will be 5 of us except on Thanksgiving day there will be some additional family. Here are my questions:

1) Is the Hermosa area a good place to stay?

2) Is there a place you would recommend?

3) Is there a better beach area you would suggest?

Thanks ahead of time for you help everyone.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 337
1. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

How did you pick Hermosa out of all the places possible?

I think the key things are what is your budget and what are the ages of the 5 people? What do you want to do besides be at the beach?

Redlands, California
reviews: 6
2. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

Well we started off at Laguna Beach, and then just started shopping around. The ages really very between 47 and 17. We all enjoy hanging out but do want to be able to walk to places. Found a nice place in Hermosa but nothing is set in stone yet. Good thought provoking questions.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
3. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

If you just want a house by a great beach and don't intend to use it as a base for sightseeing, then I would probably look in Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach to start with, then perhaps Redondo Beach. The Orange County beaches (Laguna, Newport, Huntington, etc.) are all nice as well. Hermosa and Manhattan Beaches are both beautiful, IMHO, and if you stay near either beach's pier area, you'll have lots to do in walking distance.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 337
4. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

I think the Newport Peninsula is the best chance at getting a beach front house because of how long the Peninsula is. I think Laguna Beach has more activities in a compact area then any of the other areas, but it is also harder to find beach front.

Manhattan Beach would be my pick after the Peninsula. I think of Hermosa as more of a young adult area than a family area, but that may be old prejudices.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

Hermosa Beach is a fine place to spend Thanksgiving Holiday, and Manhattan Beach just next door to the north, too. The cities are two miles pier to pier, so you wan walk everywhere. The beaches are pristine. There is a bike path that runs along the ocean, and several places to rent bikes. The "Strand", boardwalk is right out the door along the beach cities. Do you have an address for the Hermosa condo?

I have friends who return "home" to vacation from other parts of the country and stay in vrbo.com, vacation rentals by owners in Manhattan Beach in the summer.

One is this two bedroom Apt. on the beach that sleeps 4-6:

http://www.vrbo.com/148693

This one also sleeps 4-6:

http://www.vrbo.com/190361

They are strict on the amount of people sleeping there, a few extra to visit on Thanksgiving is one thing, but not to "smuggle" others in overnight.

Lots of shops and restaurants in both cities. Here is a video to give a lay of the land:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Hermosa:

…hubpages.com/hub/Hermosa-Beach-Pier

Check for other listings on vrbo if you more than 2 bedrooms.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach
reviews: 31
6. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

Check with Yvonne at: http://www.socalbeachcribs.com/

7. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

Hi we lived in Manhattan Beach in Hermosa Beach for 15 + years. FlipKey.com has a great house called Heavenly Hermosa. Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach are great beach towns and have a great place to spend Thanksgiving holidays and vacations. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, volleyball, bike riding, fishing, whale watching, and lots more to do. Disney and Universal are both about 45 minutes by car. Staying on the beach can be noisy and we suggest that you stay within walking distance to the beach but not necessarily on the beach. Again we suggest using flipkey.com.

Oro Valley, Arizona
reviews: 44
8. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

Thanks for the info. Very good to know.

9. Re: Thanksgiving Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, May 20, 2014