We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days California in Feb

Which Hermosa Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 days California in Feb

Hello all

What place would you recommend for a short 4 days getaway in California. I am traveling from Vancouver CA end of Feb. I will travel alone and am mid 30s. I was trying to read review for places like Hermosa beach or SM but not quite get from it if I would fit the crowd age. I am recently single and would like a place to get my mind cleared off. I would like to visit during the day and go to some bars/pubs even age appropriate clubs

Thanks

Alex

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: 4 days California in Feb

You might check out the Sea View Inn in Manhattan Beach, close to the beach and very reasonable price. They have free parking and lend bikes, where you could ride any part of the 22 mile bike path. It goes from Redondo Beach to Santa Monica.

There are lots of bars/pubs in walking distance, which is called the north end, as well as the bars at the base of the MB Pier.

Hermosa Beach is right next to Manhattan and also have a lively bar atmosphere at their Pier Plaza. It's mostly college age, under 30 there, and worth checking out.

www.pubclub.com/losangeles/manhattan.htm

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
2. Re: 4 days California in Feb

Santa Monica will have more of a mixed crowd than Manhattan or Hermosa Beaches - Santa Monica is a bit like the huge urban city of LA meets the beach, whereas Hermosa and Manhattan Beach have more of a small beach town feel to them. Santa Monica has no shortage of restaurants and bars.

Will you have a car, and are you planning to go sightseeing in LA at all, or are you thinking mainly to spend your time at the beach? Personally I like Manhattan and Hermosa more for beach time and the bars and restaurants in those areas, but they are not nearly as central to the parts of LA where most of the sights are, and it would be very difficult to use them as a base to visit the rest of LA if you don't have a car and will be relying on public transportation. If you do have a car they work much better, but they are still both a significantly longer drive to most of the sights.

3. Re: 4 days California in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 24, 2013