We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in wine country

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 4
3 nights in wine country

My husband and I are planning our next vacation for next June 2014. We will be coming from Yosemite and want to spend 3 nights in the Napa/Sonoma area. This is our first time visiting this area. I was thinking of reserving 3 nights in the Healdsburg area. We would visit Napa 1st on our way from Yosemite NP, and then head to healdsburg for 3 nights visiting Sonoma for the rest of the time. Is Healdsburg a good home base or should we spend 1 night in the Napa/sonoma area? We like a more rural feel to where we stay not so commercial. Even as far as the vineyards that we would visit.

We are heading to Mendicino next maybe 1 day visiting vineyards and then to the redwoods and the coast. Is the mendicino alexander valley wine country drivable from Healdsburg?

Thanks

reviews: 767
1. Re: 3 nights in wine country

Healdsburg is very nice! The Inn @ The Plaza and The Hotel Healdsburg are two places we have enjoyed staying there. :)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
2. Re: 3 nights in wine country

Healdsburg is a good choice for what you want. There are several very fine country inns in the area.

The Alexander Valley is just to the north of Healdsburg. The Anderson Valley is in Mendocino County and on the way to the Mendocino Coast. Most would spend the night on the coast and not do a day trip since the roads are twisty and slow and because the scenery is so beautiful deserving of a longer visit.

3. Re: 3 nights in wine country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 06, 2014