We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50th Birthday/how to spend it in sonoma area?

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
50th Birthday/how to spend it in sonoma area?

My husband is taking me to Sonoma at my request for my 50th Birthday. Where should I spend the day and how should I spend it, i.e., hotel, restaurant, wineries, bike tour, kayaking? So many options, so little time! Your input is appreciated and will help me from becoming totally overwhelmed with choices!

Healdsburg, CA
reviews: 16
11. Re: 50th Birthday/how to spend it in sonoma area?

Alongforthetrip,

Guest really enjoy Taste of Sonoma, and there are generally lots of things going on, and special tastings, lots of great food and wine, etc. We definitley get a lot of guests coming specifically for this event. It is a great place to sample wines you may not otherwise know of, as over 150 wineries and 60 chefs are participating this year, and MacMurray Ranch is very beautiful.

It will be busier than if you come when there is no event, so it just depends on what you are looking to do. If you want more time with the tasting room staff to ask about the wines, etc, then NOT coming for the event is probably a good idea. If you do want to do something besides tasting, there will most likely be harvest parties at various wineries as they haul in their grapes, and www.wineroad.com/ or www.healdsburg.com will have that information posted in our area here.

If you do plan to come for the event, I would make reservations ASAP, as it is also Labor Day Weekend, which means a lot of lodging and restaurants will already be quite full.

Either way, event or no event, you will definitley find lots of wonderful wine and food in Healdsburg and the surronding area!

Innkeeper Mandie

Honor Mansion

Arizona
12. Re: 50th Birthday/how to spend it in sonoma area?

Inkeeper Mandie--thanks for your response and advice! I'm leaning toward the Wine Country Weekend. I would love to stay at Honor, but it's financially out of my reach! I've been looking at rental homes in the area. I need to/will make up my mind tonight on when and where to stay...

13. Re: 50th Birthday/how to spend it in sonoma area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2010