We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

Which Half Moon Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

Hi

We are travelling down the coast from San Fran and stopping in at half moon bay on the way. We plan to look @ the beach/ coast while we're there, have a crab roll at Sam's chowder house, check out the brewery and maybe duarts tavern. If anyone can suggest anything else good to do please let me know? Also let me know if anyof the above can be missed?

We are a couple travelling together and will be driving our own car.

reviews: 740
1. Re: Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

The beautiful Ritz-Carlton is there. Have a drink and appetizers at the Conservatory Lounge and take in the beautiful scenery there.

There is also a quaint downtown area there. Centrella, Pasta Moon and Sam's are all wonderful places to dine there. :).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

It is a nice coastal town known for its amazing Surf -- Mavericks and it has a beach and a small downtown and yes the lobster roll (not crab roll) is very good. I would be a little wary of drinking from the driver's perspective but other than that it is a great place to stop for an hour or so.

Duarte's tavern is further South and off Hwy 1 in Pescadero.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
3. Re: Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

I like the beaches to the south of HMB better than those right at HMB - there are quite a few good ones down toward Pescadero, and I like to just stop here and there where things look good. Some beaches have parking lots, some have wide spots on the side of the highway where you can park.

HMB has a small downtown area that is good for a bit of poking around if you like eclectic shops and things. Main Street Grill is our go-to place for breakfast there.

Pescadero is where Duarte's Tavern is, as belo mentioned. Butano State Park is a nice park near Pescadero with some good short hikes if you are interested in that.

4. Re: Half moon bay-what to do for a few hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 26, 2014