We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

Which Gualala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Ramon, CA
reviews: 5
Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

I would not recommend the ocean song restaurant. Overpriced and the food is not that good, and in general the restaurant is not that nice (at least for what you'd expect in this price range). The view is nice though, that's the only good thing I can say.

San Francisco Area
1. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

I'm very glad I didn't find this post before I went to the Ocean Song. The ambiance is casual, the view is awesome, the wait staff is good, and the food was super. I had the breaded oysters and the crab cakes. and my husband had clam chowder and the Caesar salad with grilled prawns and we both tought the food was excellent. We will return!

concord, ca
reviews: 4
2. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

I had two great meals here! after reading the negative review, I hesitated, but was happy I did. dinner on a Thursday evening, pretty early, 6pm. food was good, service a little slow, but I wasnt in a hurry. Breakfast on a Sat. morning was amazing. i had the $3.99 special which included a wonderful Belgian waffle with fresh fruit, and bacon that was cooked just right, not greasy like it is at so many places. I would go there again!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
3. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

My husband and I had a nice lunch there recently and found the prices to be reasonable--but I know pricing is pretty subjective. The only complaint I had was the "lounge lizard" music that was playing too loudly. Other than that, we had a good experience and would return.

California
reviews: 12
4. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

Please don't avoid this restaurant. One negative review could mean it was just an off night. My husband and I venture up to Gualala twice a year for a short get away. We always eat at the Ocean Song. Their Thai scallops are making my mouth water right now.

Enjoy the views and the wonderful wait staff.

California
reviews: 12
5. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

I would like to add something my initial response. I was in err when I referred to Thai Scallops. They are actually called Panko Scallops and they are to die for -

Our waitress, Nancy, was the most endearing person. Probably the only kind you can find in small little hamlets with the quality of Oceansong.

Gualala
reviews: 1
6. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

Please do not avoid this restaurant... Ocean Song is wonderful place to dine. All the wait staff is very happy to see every coustomer that walks through the door. They all have excellent personalitys as well as the chefs perfect every plate that goes out to the coustomer. Just because there is 1 bad night doen't mean that the restaurant has bad service. Every restaurant has there nights. There is a wide selection of food. There is vegetraion, to meats, and seafood. Also there is a ocean view from every table.

Contra Costa...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

I wish I would have have listened to the first review because the food at Ocean Song was about the worst meal we've ever had in a restaurant. I can't believe that anyone found anything good there to eat because everything we had was the most miserable fare and so ridiculously overpriced.

The restaurant both outside and inside are in fairly bad shape, the decorations like something out of the 1970's and not in a quaint sort of way. The view was great. That's the only thing possible I can say about the place.

I had the fish special of the day, a white fish with butter sauce and crab, rice and vegetables. I'm on a special diet and so I requested that the butter sauce be either left off or put on the side and that as little oil as possible be used in preparing the fish and vegetables. The plate arrived and everything was drenched in grease and not only was the butter sauce not included but they also didnt' include the crab and so I paid 27.00 for 6 oz of white greasy tasteless fish and a pile of carrots and beans that had come out of a bag and sauteed in more oil.

The other diner order the nut-encrusted lamb chops and for an appetizer the crab cakes. The crab cakes were greasy and contained more breaded filling than crab. The lamb chops had an inch thick coating of an extremely salty and oil nut crust and the center of the meat was raw. Not rare. Raw.

I've only put one or two reviews on Trip Advisor in the past couple years but this meal was SO horrible that considering the positive reviews on this restaurant I'm left to wonder if all those positive comments were from friends and family members OR if the restaurant quality is so inconsistent that they can go from a fine dining experience to a restaurant nightmare. If the later is the case, and you like to gamble, then take your chances!

El Cerrito...
reviews: 21
8. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

Do any of you have suggestions for OTHER restaurants in or near Gualala? I'm going there later this month and I'm not sure where to go. Are there any good inexpensive restaurants in the area?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
9. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

Glutton--most definitely dine at Pangaea right in Gualala (www.pangaeacafe.com). Comfortable and casual with great choices of dishes that specialize in local, seasonal ingredients. I also very much enjoy the restaurant at St. Orres (www.saintorres.com), but it IS pricey--a special occasion kind of dining experience where the unique Russian Orthodox architecture of the bldg. is as enjoyable as the cuisine!

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
reviews: 167
10. Re: Avoid the Ocean Song Restaurant

We'd recommend Bones BBQ for a nice, casual experience. Great service. Owners on site. Couldn't be better.