We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yummy places to eat?

Which Grass Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 37
Yummy places to eat?

Suggestions please?

Sacramento...
reviews: 31
11. Re: Yummy places to eat?

An update on my March 18th post:

1) Kane's on Main Street takes reservations now, and it is much better

than Villa Venezia;

2) I agree that Mexican restaurants in Nevada City (all 3 of them) are

better;

3) Tofanelli's dinners have gotten better since my last post; breakfasts

and lunches are still very good

4) I disagree with the Sierra Railroad Cafe review.

5) Susie Q is fantastic for Japanese in Nevada City, but also try

Kaido on West Main St. in Grass Valley.

6) I think Diego's food is overrated, and it's very small and noisy.

7) For a good, informal lunch, try The Grapevine in the Brunswick

shopping center. Great salads, soups and sandwiches, and it's

a bakery, too.

Nevada City...
reviews: 16
12. Re: Yummy places to eat?

I've lived here for years too and there's a few places here that everyone misses.

Panoy Thai at the old Cafe 174. Best Thai food for the money in the county. Service is slow if busy as it's only run by a couple. She does all the cooking and he does everything else. And yes, I've tried the the other 2 in the area, but we still come back here for the consistency and the price. It's a real hole in the wall, but you're strictly coming for the food.

Backroom Steakhouse in Peardale (just outside of Grass Valley on Highway 174) . Gene and Lee make the best steaks hands down in the county. Very small restaurant in a quaint setting. Just wish they'd stay open a little later as a couple of times they said I couldn't make any reservation later than 7:45.

Kane's: Great new place in town. Only done dinner once here and it was very crowded, but we love doing lunch here. Do the soup and salad combo. Portions are HUGE, so don't order too much. Great value for the size of the portions.

13. Re: Yummy places to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 14, 2009