We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?

Which Gilroy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 111
Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?

Hello!

A group of ladies are going to stay at a friends house for three days in late June to hang out and catch up. It's a ladies weekend!Of course we will hit the Gilroy outlet for an afternoon of shopping heaven We would like to planother fun acitivities together. Any suggestions?

Are there any U Pick orchards? Perhaps we can pick fresh fruits to bring back and bake. Any nice public pools to lounge and swim in the area? Any ideas would be fabulous!

3 replies to this topic
Rocklin, California
reviews: 20
1. Re: Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?

Not sure where you're all coming from, but Gilroy's only 45 min - 1 hr from Santa Cruz or Monterey, with lots of coast in between the 2 towns, so if you are really there for 3 full days, you could do a day trip of some sort to the coast and have lunch at some nice restaurants overlooking the ocean/beach, etc.. Watsonville is only about 1/2 hour from Gilroy, and there are, I believe, some U-picks there. Haven't been to Gilroy recently, but would think you should be able to at least find some fresh garlic! I think the garlic festival is the last weekend in July.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
2. Re: Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?

I don't know of any right in Gilroy, but there's a nice drive to Watsonville, where you can go to Gizdich Ranch to pick fruit, eat homemade pie and drink the most amazing fresh apple slush (beware the brain freeze! It's really cold!) You'll take Hwy 129 from Hwy 101. Here is the website for Gizdich Ranch (including directions): http://www.gizdich-ranch.com/index.php

You can also visit San Juan Bautista, a small town south of Gilroy. There's a mission there you can visit, and the main street has a lot of cute shops (all closed on Tuesday for some reason).

I'm not sure about swimming, although Morgan Hill (just north of Gilroy) has an aquatics center. You could also contact the Hilton Garden Inn in Gilroy and inquire about a day pass to use the pool. I have no idea is they offer that, but some hotels do. …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Other hotels with pools include

Comfort Inn Gilroy

Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy

Ramada Limited Gilroy

Motel 6 Gilroy

Super 8 Gilroy

reviews: 111
3. Re: Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?

Thank you very much for your suggestions. They are quite helpful!

Reply to: Gilroy-things to do...any fruit picking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted