We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite , SFO trip first time

Which Fresno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston,TX
reviews: 1
Yosemite , SFO trip first time

Hi, we are traveling the evening of the 3rd with 2 year old toddler and wanted to see if my plan sounds plausible.

July 3rd

Fly into Fresno..arrive at 10pm and stay somewhere close by

4th: drive to Yosemite for 2 nights stay close to park

Leave on 5th or 6th for SFO and see city and possibly drive to napa on 7th and fly out of SFO on 8th.

I will also be 6 months pregnant and didn't know how much time we should stay in Yosemite.

Napa valley is optional not a necessity.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
1. Re: Yosemite , SFO trip first time

Do you mean July 4th this year or 2014?

You are going to really have to hustle to find a place to stay July 4th weekend.

Not enough time for Napa. And you can't drink and what will a 2 year old do there? Skip it.

Drive out the east exit from Yosemite (over Tioga Pass) and drive up eastern Sierras to Lake Tahoe. Visit Tahoe, then back to SF.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 109
2. Re: Yosemite , SFO trip first time

Sounds like a really rushed trip. What do you want to do and see in the places you want to visit. I think 2 full days in Yosemite is good if you have reservations and then you will spend about 4 hours driving to SF and if you just have a day to see the city, it seems to rushed. So perhaps just Yosemite and SF for this trip. SFO by the way is the airport

Reply to: Yosemite , SFO trip first time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted