We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Moving to Fresno

Which Fresno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Thinking of Moving to Fresno

Hello everyone,

I have a job opportunity in Fresno, going there for a visit this wed-fri, little bit about me, I am 24 grew up in Sunnyvale-San Jose from 8-24. Lived in India before that.

Few question i have regarding Fresno;

1. Decent place to go out at night, (bars, clubs? meet new people?) Since i have no friends there =(

2. Weather not a big concern, I've lived in India, Cali is nothing.

3. Which areas should i look to getting a place to live? I'd prefer a place that is in a lively area, where i can walk out and have lot of things near by; food, shopping, bars, and etc.

- Thanks in advance for any info!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
reviews: 2
1. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

I would check out northeast fresno. zip code 93720. More young people, hip places. While we don't have a lot, when you need excitement, you can go to SF or LA for the weekend and come home to your affordable lifestyle. If you are into the outdoors, its all right here.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
2. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

If I was young and wanted a cooler place to live with "lively" stuff, I get close to the N Blackstone - W Nees area.

http://goo.gl/maps/97vfa

Edited: 10:59 am, October 11, 2012
California
reviews: 144
3. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

I agree that North East would be the way to go. I don't know what your budget is, but remember that in Fresno it's worth paying a bit more for where you live.

Avoid anything South of Bullard avenue if you can. The further South West you go it generally gets worse in terms of crime, etc.

They do have nice artist lofts in Downtown Fresno (Ironbird lofts), however I personally wouldn't like to live in that particular area.

You should visit some of the areas you're thinking about living at night. You'll get a different perspective on things.

Fresno, California
reviews: 29
4. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

Cedar and Shepherd area lot's of restaurants, clubs and apartments

San Jose, California
reviews: 30
5. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

Having come from San Jose myself, Fresno is not as bad as many people make it out to be. Definitely look into North East Fresno or North Clovis. Clovis is a beautiful place to live. About a 15-20 minute drive to everything, but very clean, quiet, and there are trails to walk on.

6. Re: Thinking of Moving to Fresno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 27, 2014