We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maybe moving to Fresno?

Which Fresno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loganville...
Maybe moving to Fresno?

Hello! My husband was offered a great job opportunity in Fresno, Ca, and we are trying to decide whether to accept or not.

A little about us: We are 26 years old, and living in Metro Atlanta right now. We are going to soon be starting our own family. We love outdoors activities, especially cycling. We love camping and love water sports as well as hiking. We are into organic gardening and healthful living, and have a few raised beds in our backyard. We have 2 dogs, 5 cats, and do a lot of animal rescue.

We would like somewhere that is safe, very family friendly, and community oriented. In an ideal world, we would take a few months and travel in that area and find the neighborhoods/suburbs that we felt best suited us, but we aren't able to do that. Any advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated!

California
reviews: 143
11. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

I don't mean to play devil's advocate but I'd never live in Tower because of the crime. I love the style of houses and I actually enjoy the businesses in Tower; but the area is a bit "rough" for my tastes, especially if I had children.

I've lived in Hollywood and felt safer there than I do walking the streets of the Tower district or definitely Downtown Fresno at night.

If your budget is high enough, NE Fresno is the place to be. Fig garden loop (near Herndon) is nice too. Then there's "old fig garden" (North Van Ness Ave) which is nice but pricey as well.

My best advise is visit potential neighborhoods at night. You'll get a different perspective on the area and it might present a few "dealbreakers" as well.

12. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

I am in a very similar situation. I am 27 and relocating from south GA to Fresno. I am single and a physician. I have a large lab and love out door activities. Where would y'all suggest someone like myself? Northside?

13. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

I am in a very similar situation. I am 27 and relocating from south GA to Fresno. I am single and a physician. I have a large lab and love out door activities. Where would y'all suggest someone like myself? Northside?

Hamburg, Germany
14. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

Of the top 20 cities in California I'd rate Fresno about #65. I spent a lot of time conducting training seminars throughout the Central Valley. How much of a commute are you willing to take? Clovis would be a better choice. Or as far east as possible. Once in the foothills it is much nicer... climate, scenery, neighbors. In a pinch I'd live in Fresno...but then I have a military background. I'm really trying to think of something truly positive.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 73
15. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

They're from Atlanta. That is Hot!

Fresno, California
reviews: 31
16. Re: Maybe moving to Fresno?

Sent you a private message.