We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Location in Fresno

Which Fresno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 2
Apartment Location in Fresno

I have a short term work assignment in Fresno and am wondering about the neighborhood of an apartment I may rent. A friend has a unit on N Marks st just North of W Dakota that I could get for a great rate. It would save me a ton over a hotel, but I am not sure about this area of town. He claims it's not bad.

Anyone have experience in this area of Fresno?

Thanks!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
1. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

I wouldn't live there myself. Not a great area, but could be worse. When are you coming?

San Francisco, CA
2. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

Not great as in dangerous or just not desirable to live in? I am coming in two weeks and staying for a 1 month contract position.

Visalia, CA
reviews: 34
3. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

I don't know that it is dangerous but it is not particularly desirable and I don't think there is much near by in the way of restaurants or entertainment. (Muffya would probably know better than me about that).

There is an Extended Stay America off of Herndon & Hwy 41. I think this would be a better location as you would be near restaurants & entertainment and it is a better area all in all.

If you give us an idea of where you are going to be working maybe we can be of more help.

Visalia, CA
4. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

Instead of saying "I don't know that it is dangerous" I should have said "I don't think that is dangerous." If I remember correctly it is a middle class (or slightly lower) type neighborhood. Not dangerous but not particularly appealing either.

San Francisco, CA
5. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

Thanks. I looked up the address on Trulia.com and it gave me some crime stats. Not the worst, but like you said not the best. I'll probably end up looking elsewhere. I am working downtown so this isn't the most convenient location either.

Visalia, CA
6. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

The Extended Stay is just off Herndon & 41. Depending on what time you are starting work you can hop on 41 & be downtown in a few minutes. However you can expect traffic if you are working normal business hours (8-5).

Maybe Muffya or FresnoFacts can offer a better suggestion.

San Jose, California
reviews: 29
7. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

Agree with Gdude7, not the greatest location. The Extended Stay is a great location, near River Park where most people go for dining and entertainment. Try looking into the TownePlace Suites which is right next door to the Extended Stay. They offer extended stay accommodations. I would also recommend try looking at other hotels in the area. Some might offer a great rate to stay at the hotel for a month, and you will get the perks of being a hotel guest. Save extra money and look into hotels that provide complimentary breakfast!

Fresno, California
reviews: 12
8. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

There are some very cool lofts in the downtown area that may have short term rentals. http://www.muraldistrict.com/ironbird.html

9. Re: Apartment Location in Fresno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2013