We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pass on Las Cazuelas!!!

Which Fortuna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
reviews: 28
Pass on Las Cazuelas!!!

I had a Bad experience at Las Cazuelas in Fortuna on 4/11/08, My son (20 months old) needed to be on the end of the table so both my wife and I can tend to him while we all eat. Anyone who has ever had a toddler knows what I mean. First the hostess/Owner (Norma) Said we couldn't sit him on the end of our table because it would break the laws that say they need a 36 inches access for wheel chair accessibility. I have no problem with this, except for the fact that it was about (Approximately) five feet between tables with much room to spare. I then asked her if we could move to one of the three, empty, open, end tables that had end tables for my son Hunter and again she said no! She said someone "may" want those booths and since we were only three people (three and a half since my wife was 8.5 months pregnant) and not six people we couldn't have them. At that point I realized that this obnoxious women was a terrible host (in my opinion). So we decided we were leaving. She said "ok" in a voice {very pissed off }. She then tried to whip out some book with the code, which didn't really matter since that wasn't what I was saying anyway. When I again tried to walk away with dignity she yelled something at me as I was walking out the door. I ignored the first round of assaults, but I then turned to my wife and said in my one moment of weakness/frustration and said:"We are not F*cking coming back here ever again". She then followed my family outside into the parking lot, cursing at us and telling us to never come back ever again! All we asked for was a table with a end so my baby can eat with both my wife and I. What a nut case! See refused us a end table with a quarter open restaurant! Fortuna Has Many Mexican restaurants (email me for a list), I suggest you pass on Las Cazuelas.

Trip Adviser local expert,

Matt K

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
reviews: 28
1. Re: Pass on Las Cazuelas!!!

had a Bad experience at Las Cazuelas in Fortuna on 4/11/08, My son (20 months old) needed to be on the end of the table so both my wife and I can tend to him while we all eat. Anyone who has ever had a toddler knows what I mean. First the hostess/Owner (Norma) Said we couldn't sit him on the end of our table because it would break the laws that say they need a 36 inches access for wheel chair accessibility. I have no problem with this, except for the fact that it was about (Approximately) five feet between tables with much room to spare. I then asked her if we could move to one of the three, empty, open, end tables that had end tables for my son Hunter and again she said no! She said someone "may" want those booths and since we were only three people (three and a half since my wife was 8.5 months pregnant) and not six people we couldn't have them. At that point I realized that this obnoxious women was a terrible host (in my opinion). So we decided we were leaving. She said "ok" in a voice {very pissed off }. She then tried to whip out some book with the code, which didn't really matter since that wasn't what I was saying anyway. When I again tried to walk away with dignity she yelled something at me as I was walking out the door. I ignored the first round of assaults, but I then turned to my wife and said in my one moment of weakness/frustration and said:"We are not F*cking coming back here ever again". She then followed my family outside into the parking lot, cursing at us and telling us to never come back ever again! All we asked for was a table with a end so my baby can eat with both my wife and I. What a nut case! See refused us a end table with a quarter open restaurant! Fortuna Has Many Mexican restaurants (email me for a list), I suggest you pass on Las Cazuelas.

Trip Adviser local expert,

Matt K

2. Re: Pass on Las Cazuelas!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fortuna