We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas on the Greens at the Welk Resort

Which Escondido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Villas on the Greens at the Welk Resort

We will be visiting Escondido in early November for 4 days arriving Friday and departing on Tuesday and staying at this resort.

Has anyone stayed at this resort.

Also I read in TA that there are some dangerous areas. While our interest is to spend time going to San Diego and surrounding areas should we avoid any places for safety reasons.

Any other suggestions for visiting places and eating places would be nice.

Also we want to do some outlet shopping with name brands eg Polo etc. Any recommendaion would be appreciated. We have a rental car. We heard about a Premium Outlet mall in Carlbad. Is it any good.

Thanks

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
1. Re: Villas on the Greens at the Welk Resort

Did you check the Reviews on the Welk Resort -- there are over 450 of them: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32358-d76882-R…

You could also search this forum for "Welk" and perhaps come up with some trip reports. However, most regulars on the forum live in San Diego (or have family in the area) and don't stay in hotels often.

You do realize how far the Welk property is to San Diego and the coast in general? It's a good 40 minutes from downtown and heading toward the coast in the morning would be the commute direction.

The Outlet mall in Carlsbad does have some high end stores (Coach, Barney's Polo). I'm not a fan of outlets but this one isn't bad. I spent some time there in July and found it worth a couple of hours. Here's the store list: premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp…

Escondido...
reviews: 133
2. Re: Villas on the Greens at the Welk Resort

Where did you hear that there were dangerous places? All big cities have both nicer and less nice areas, but I can't say I've ever heard anyone refer to any dangerous areas in San Diego.

I live in Escondido and would be happy to recommend local things to do and places to eat, but you just need to let me know what you're interested in... adults? children? Are you looking for casual eateries or nicer restaurant... etc. Are you just into shopping or what type of attractions would you like to see? Did you want to stay in the North County area or go into San Diego? Just shoot me some specifics and I would be happy to make some recommendations. We have some really great restaurants in North County as well as a strong beer culture and plenty of things to see and do.

3. Re: Villas on the Greens at the Welk Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, May 06, 2014