We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welk Resort San Diego

Which Escondido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moorhead, Minnesota
reviews: 10
Welk Resort San Diego

Does anyone know if the villas on Broadway Hill have been updated recently? We will be staying in Cabaret in September and were just wondering how it is.

Also, how is the food at the Canyon Grille?

Thank you to anyone who might answer this.

2 replies to this topic
Escondido...
reviews: 182
1. Re: Welk Resort San Diego

Hi there. Wish I could help, but I haven't been to the Welk Resort in years, nor eaten at the Canyon Grille.

I can say that if you have a vehicle, Escondido has some really wonderful restaurants, so if you are staying at the resort and need any dining tips for town, please feel free to contact me!

Jennifer

Dallas
2. Re: Welk Resort San Diego

Our experience at the Welk Resort in Escondido was definitely a mixed experience.

First the good: We stayed in the 'Mountain Villas area. The room was very nice and appeared very new. Everything was clean and in working order. We called for a slow draining bathtub and someone arrived quickly and made the necessary repairs. There are plenty of grilling areas near us for those that like to take advantage of these. Others have commented on how far it is from most shopping. This may be true but it is fairly close to the expressway and most shopping is within 10 miles and can be accessed rather quickly.

Mixed experiences: we decided to play golf one afternoon at the resort's Fountains course. For those of you looking for a typical round of golf don't bother. This is a true executive course with only about 5-6 short par four holes with the rest being par 3s. The course and greens were only in fair condition. It is really only a course that should be used to pass the time.

Bad experience: probably the worst part of staying at Welk resorts is the check in process. The first part, getting the room, went very smoothly. Everyone was very friendly and processed everything quickly with the exception of the simple parking pass. For this pass you need to go to the service desk and make sure you agree to a sales presentation even though you have no interest, before getting your parking pass. When we did not go to the presentation the representative signed us up for, we received calls in the room wondering when we wanted to reschedule. All we wanted was a pleasant week and what we experienced was no one understanding or appreciating this. In fact, we played with a couple that had unfortunately agreed to a 90 minute presentation to get their free gift. They were there over 2 1/2 hours before demanding they be able to leave. Be very careful. They do not take no for an answer even though they act as your best friend.

If you can get beyond the hard sell experience and the so-so golf course, the rest of the stay was very good. I am not sure if we would return however since we have had better experiences elsewhere..

Reply to: Welk Resort San Diego
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted