We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon Grille at Welk Resort

Which Escondido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moorhead, Minnesota
reviews: 9
Canyon Grille at Welk Resort

Has anyone visited the Canyon Grille recently? How was the food and the ambience?

2 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,065
1. Re: Canyon Grille at Welk Resort

We ate there in January as part of their show-lunch deal special.

In general, this is an older restaurant - something that seniors like to go to - but not modern.

The food was ok - we had their buffet lunch. For the buffet there was about 15 or so meat and vegetable dishes; an assortment of desserts, soup and salad. They also have a menu where you order ala carte at your table.

We were seated at their patio tables - it wasn't anything special. The inside tables are like you are sitting in an older style restaurant.

If you are planning to go to Canyon Grill for their show meal option its fine to go to. There was plenty of food and we were able to enjoy our meal prior to the show. The shows at Welk Theater are of good quality.

Canyon Grill Service is so-so. (but since we had a buffet we only had to deal with the grumpy waiter for our ice tea).

So for the show meal option it is fine to dine at. However, if you are just going to lunch or dinner and have a car, I would go elsewhere.

Lodi, California
reviews: 39
2. Re: Canyon Grille at Welk Resort

We ate at the Canyon Grill for breakfast and dinner. The menu is limited but our food was very good.

My hudband had the pork chops for dinner, I had the meat loaf. The portions were big. My meat loaf was very good my husbands pork chops were wonderful.

The inside dining area is casual but with linnen table clothes. The service can be a little slow at times but everyone was friendly.

It's my understanding that Welk will be building a new restarunt overlooking the golf course.

Reply to: Canyon Grille at Welk Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted