We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food near Hilton gardens inn

Which El Segundo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bathurst, australia
reviews: 112
Food near Hilton gardens inn

Flying in early from Australia arr LAX 0720 with o/nite stay any nice bars, restaraunts near Hilton to eat lunch/dinner and relax.

9 replies to this topic
california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
1. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

That's in the middle of an industrial park, those hotels were built to cater to the aerospace industry in the day, so not much immediately nearby other than fast food and whatever is inside the hotels. But you can hop on the light rail to the Rosecrans Ave stop/Manhattan Beach stop and there are more restaurants on Rosecrans.

If you want something closer to the beach, take the Metro Bus 232 from the light rail station and get off at Manhattan Beach Blvd, and walk down to Highland Ave in Manhattan Beach. For lunch I'd turn right two blocks and go to Uncle Bills. For a nicer dinner try Mangiamo near the pier. They have a good happy hour menu during the week.

Edited: 11:57 pm, July 10, 2011
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
2. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

Will you have a car?

Southern California
reviews: 1
3. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

There is really not a lot around that area (used to work around the corner). Up on Sepulveda about 3-4 blocks away is a sports bar called Stick and Stein. Also on Sepulveda is a decent burger joint called The Habit, corner of Grand and Sepulveda if I remember correctly. Good burgers cooked over an open flame.

Otherwise going south to Manhattan Beach is probably your best bet as suggested by others.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 136
4. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

I used to go to the old SticknStein in "downtown" El Segundo. But I've heard it's really gone downhill in recent years.

los angeles
5. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

The Hilton is not located close to any attractions or resturants. If you don't have a car, it will be about a 10-15 min walk westward to Sepulveda Blvd. At the corner of Mariposa and Sepulveda is a strip mall with fast food type places. The Stick and Stein is no longer, it closed down about 6 months ago. The alternative to the strip mall is down the street off Nash. Heading northward from the Hilton its about 15 min walk to Kaya Sushi which is in the retail mall portion of an office complex. Kaya primarily serves the lunch crowd, but its open for dinner and probably the nicest place within walking distance.

If you have a car, the world opens up as Manhattan Beach is 5 mins by car. Alternatively, you can take a cab to Manhattan Beach, round trip probably 10-15 dollars. Great choices in MB.

If you want more, pm me; I live and work in area.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great place to stay. Even though we live in MB, we've spent a couple separate nights there and rooms are nice and they have really friendly and helpful service, plus cookies at check in. Great pool and patio area, surrounded by lush foliage if you have time.

They offer a free breakfast special, with hot cooked omelets, etc. Also no need to walk, take a cab or bus to Manhattan Beach, don't know why that was suggested. The hotel shuttle driver takes you there for free, or any location within 3 miles. I see the shuttle bus all over town on a daily basis. It also goes to the Manhattan Village Mall where there is a Macy's. If you show your passport, you will get an additional 11% off purchases. When you are ready to be picked up, just phone the front desk and they will radio the driver if he is on a run.

The "old downtown" area of El Segundo, has some nice restaurants. We like :

Second City Bistro

http://www.secondcitybistro.com/

Deluca Trattoria

http://www.delucapasta.com/

If you decide to go to MB for lunch or dinner, there are many places to choose from. We like Fonz's Steak and Seafood, Rock'N Fish, Petros and Talia's near the Pier. Also, The Kettle is our favorite 24/7 restaurant.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g32678-Manhattan…

Southern California
reviews: 1
7. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

Sorry to hear about Stick and Stein. I know the one in downtown had closed down some years ago, but had not heard about the newer one on Sepulveda Blvd. closing, have been to lunch and after work parties there many times. They used to have pretty decent chow in the restaurant, the bar area like most bar areas in sports bars served mostly fried foods.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
8. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

"Sorry to hear about Stick and Stein"

The owner, George Stevens, closed the Stick this last March. It was a combination of the recession, and time for him to retire.

He first opened the doors of the S&S in downtown ES, in 1973, and moved to the old Jolly Rodgers restaurant around '94. It was quite a hang out for residents, and people working in El Segundo over the years.

bathurst, australia
reviews: 112
9. Re: Food near Hilton gardens inn

Just an o/n stay no car.Thanks for the help

Reply to: Food near Hilton gardens inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Segundo