We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candy Cane lane

Which El Segundo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 2
Candy Cane lane

Hello, another poster kindly told me that candy cane lane is worth a visit. I was asking who knew of great xmas display lights I could take my kids to see. We are staying in Valley village so it's not exactly very close but think it might be worth the trip.

Can anyone tell me if the streets stop showing there lights after 2nd January. We arrive from Australia on the 31st and might not be up too going out the first night to view them. Any tips we should know about getting there or where to park etc... Do you just walk up and down the streets? Or can you drive up them?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
1. Re: Candy Cane lane

According to this article in a local newspaper, Candy Cane Lane in El Segundo only continues until Dec. 23 - sort of strange that it would end before Christmas even but I guess unfortunately this means you're out of luck if you won't arrive until Dec. 31.

There is another "Candy Cane Lane" in Woodland Hills (somewhat closer to Valley Villiage) that "lasts through the end of the year" so might be worth checking out. Generally, most Christmas decorations stay up through the end of the year then start coming down first week of January, so sometimes people leave them up longer.

www.woodlandhillscc.net/candy_cane_lane.html

Brisbane
2. Re: Candy Cane lane

Thanks MachThree I looked up the website and will check out how far it is on mapquest. I would never find out all this stuff if it was not for great people on this site that are happy to share their knowledge. Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: Candy Cane lane

No, "Santa" and his Fire truck are at Candy Cane Lane in El Segundo until the 23rd of Dec. He leaves to deliver presents to children around the world on the 24th, Christmas Eve! There is no reason to have Santa there to give out candy canes, after Christmas Day. Many times we go view the houses the weekend after Christmas. I've been doing this for 30+ years and the lights are always up.

As I said before, you park your car in the neighborhood and walk the 1200 block of Acacia Ave in El Segundo. After NYE you would find a spot to park right in the neighborhood, as most people are done viewing after the holidays.

I have an Aunt in Studio City and a Cousin in Valley Village...which city are you staying in, you mention staying in both? It takes a half hour to drive into the valley in non commute times.

El Segundo is a mile south of LAX. You take the 405 freeway down to the 105, and go west to the end, getting off at Imperial Blvd.

Brisbane
4. Re: Candy Cane lane

Sorry about that. I thought it was studio city but since found out it's called valley village. We are staying in a rental house.

Will look at going around the 2nd January. Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Candy Cane lane

Woodland Hills would be a bit closer to Valley Village, as it's in the SF Valley, and you can stay on the 101 Freeway. There will be no crowds after the holidays at any of the sites, so you will be able to drive through the area.

We take our decorations down on Sunday the 2nd, after being up over a month, so hope you will see enough lights during your visit.

6. Re: Candy Cane lane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 20, 2011