We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BART from Dublin, CA to San Francisco - golden gate area

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 1
BART from Dublin, CA to San Francisco - golden gate area

We are staying in Tracy so we can visit both San Francisco and Yosemite. I have heard that it is best not to take a rental car into San Francisco due to parking. I see there is a BART station in Dublin. how long does it take from the Dublin station to the Golden Gate area of SF?

how much does it cost for a BART ticket.

it appears there is parking at the Dublin station.

Is this a good alternative to driving and trying to park to see the sights?

thanks

2 replies to this topic
Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 73
1. Re: BART from Dublin, CA to San Francisco - golden gate area

I think staying in Tracy to see both Yosemite and San Francisco is a real mistake. It's 130 miles to Yosemite, mostly not on the freeway. It's 63 miles to San Francisco. It's even 30 miles from Tracy to Dublin. The freeway between them gets very crowded during rush hour.

From Dublin into San Francisco by BART is about 50 minutes. I'm not sure where you mean by the Golden Gate area--Golden Gate Park? Golden Gate Bridge? Golden Gate Avenue (not so likely)? In any event, the Bridge or the Park would take additional travel time.

If it's at all possible you'd be much better off splitting your stay between San Francisco and then in or near Yosemite. There are budget hotels in San Francisco if that's a concern, you can also save money by not renting a car until you're ready to leave for Yosemite.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
2. Re: BART from Dublin, CA to San Francisco - golden gate area

Isn't this your second thread on the same subject? I think you hasd a LOT of replies on the other one urging you not to do this.

Reply to: BART from Dublin, CA to San Francisco - golden gate area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dublin