We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission Lakes

Which Desert Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darwen, United...
reviews: 14
Mission Lakes

We have finally booked a house at Mission Lakes for a month next June and July for our family vacation. Can anyone advise of things to do for teenagers around the area. Also, what are the best restaurants in Desert Hot Springs. We have hired a car, so travel isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for any replies

1 reply
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 8
1. Re: Mission Lakes

You do know how hot it gets in the valley in June and July? Most people try to escape to the mountains or beaches that time of year.

However there are things to do near DHS.

Your kids would like Knotts soak city water park.

knotts.com/public/park/soakcity/palm_springs/

To cool off a tram ride up the mountain.

www.pstramway.com

Living Desert is open in the mornings when its cooler.

www.livingdesert.org

Joshua Tree National Park is close by.Plan short hikes, right when the sun comes up.People have died from the heat out there, quite recently in fact.

www.nps.gov/jotr/

On the way to JTNP, you could stop in Pioneertown to see the old western movie set and eat and have a drink at Pappy and Harriets.

I just heard of a new zipline adventure in the mountains near Wrightwood. Looked very cool.You would need to google the name of it,I forgot.

The beaches of LA, Orange and San Diego counties are all about 2-2.5 hours away.

I tend not to visit DHS so I can't recommend restaurants,but there are endlees numbers of very good ones on the other side of the freeway in Palm Springs,Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert...

Reply to: Mission Lakes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted