We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

Which Del Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

I need to buy a birthday cake for my husband on our vacation to the area. We're at the Homewood Suites near Del Mar. Can anyone recommend a local bakery that would do an excellent cake for us? I'm sure I can go to the Von's or Ralph's, but I was hoping for something unique and local. Thank you!!!!

San Diego...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

we like V G Donuts & Bakery

Address: 106 Aberdeen Dr, Cardiff By Sea, CA 92007

Phone: (760) 753-2400

www.vgdonuts.com

However, I should mention that we always get a Bavarian Cream sheet cake with custom decorating, and this is a fairly ordinary, but real good tasting.....they do make fancy cakes as well, but we've never tried them.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
2. Re: Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

Well it's not in Del Mar but if you go down to La Jolla there is Michelle Coulon's Dessertier. see www.dessertier.com YUM!!!

San Diego, CA
reviews: 19
3. Re: Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

Just a few miles from your hotel is Champagne Bakery - they're in a strip mall called Del Mar Highlands Town Center at the corner of Del Mar Heights and El Camino Real. I don't think they make cakes to order, but they have some wonderful delicious cakes covered with fruit an such, and also some great chocolate (I'm a chocolate fanatic) creations. They also have some fabulous fruit tarts and other delights -

http://www.champagnebakery.com/

4. Re: Del Mar - need to buy great birthday cake on vacation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 13, 2009