We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

Which Del Mar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McAllen, Texas
reviews: 4
Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

We're headed to last minute trip to La Jolla/del Mar.. and wanted to maybe eat at one of these restaurants for dinner on Thursday night... tried to book with open table but no spaces avail. can you walk in and try to wait for table to be seated or should we just go somewhere we can get reservation

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

Why don't you just call the restaurant?

They MAY have a table for you but you won't know if you don't try.

Ordinarily IF you go early (before 6PM) you can often get in without a res.

This is racing season in Del Mar so I'd expect it to be quite a busy time there!

I'd prefer to have a res so I don't have to wait and not know if I'll be able to eat.

There are lots of other restaurant choices.

McAllen, Texas
2. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

Thx! I am in TX so they're closed right now but will certainly call in a while or tomorrow. Any other recs for lunch or dinner in La Jolla or Del Mar?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
3. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

It depends on the kind of food you are looking for and if view is more important than food.

Other spots in La Jolla to look at for good food are Nine Ten, Tapenade, The Marine Room and The Sky Room. Really good food, but less expensive are Whisknladle, Prepkitchen, Table 926 and El Pescadore Fish Market.

Del Mar has some of the best restaurants in the county, in the same area as Jake's check out Kitchen 1540, Flavor Del Mar and Pacifica Del Mar. If the view is what you really want, look at Poseidon.

McAllen, Texas
4. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

Awesome

Thank you so much

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
5. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

While I like Jake's, I like 910 in the Grande Colonial in La Jolla or, in Del Mar, I, as does Scott, like Pacifica Del Mar. You can see my review of Pacifica Del Mar here: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS. Also: in the same plaza (very nice shoipping as well) is Il Fornaio which (though a chain, that one has a very nice outdoor patio dining area and I've alwyas enjoyed it. Also, if you are going to be staying in the Del Mar area Pacifica Del Mar has a sister location (Pacifica Breze Cafe)outside that serves a very nice breakfast. (They do allow dogs outside if that means anything to you.)

www.pacificadelmar.com/breeze-cafe.com

www.delmarplaza.com

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
6. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

BTW, if you like arts and eclectic shopping, just north of Del Mar is Solana Beach and a shopping area called Cedros Avenue with a number of restaurants among the stores. You might enjoy ZincCafe & Market. We are lucky enough to have one in Newport Beach as well as Laguna Beach. www.zinccafe.com

7. Re: Jake's or Georges Terrace restaurant without reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 27, 2013