We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

Which Dana Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
reviews: 8
Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

We appreciate everyone's ideas on things to do in the area. Definitely much more to do than we had time for on this short visit but that just means that we will need to visit again. We'd definitely like to check out the whale watching when our little one is a bit older than 11 months old and also one of the fabulous Italian restaurants there. I posted a summary and photos on my travel blog at: …wordpress.com/2013/…

So. Cal
reviews: 20
1. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

Thanks so much for sharing your short visit!

Those rock formations are so cool; I've seen them at other beaches but never here! Consider yourself lucky!

Enjoy your baby! :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
2. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

Nice trip report.

I am curious how you found 85° C? It is not that well known to many people. I love that entire Diamond Jamboree Center!

Sacramento...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

Socalbeachbum, yes, we are definitely enjoying our almost one year old! I assumed the rock formations were a regular thing there...very cool...didn't realize how lucky I was to see them! @scott: We did visit friends who were locals so they introduced us to the Diamond Jamboree Center. Wish that place was closer to home, I'd definitely go back again and again!

Glad that you enjoyed the post!

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
4. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

I just looked up the location for 85C. There goes my diet again. I'm a sucker for a good bakery and I just HAPPEN to be going right by there this afternoon. Guess I'll have to stop.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
5. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

Have you not been to Diamond Jamboree Cats? It is my fave..... great Korean market and I dunno, 20 spots to eat? Freaking amazing.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
6. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

You are SO right scott! I ended up having a couple of hours to kill between my Irvine afternoon appointment and an evening event at The District so I stoped at Diamond Jamboree. I filled up a big box with beautiful pastries from 85C for only about $11, had a mango slush and then explored the mall.

After spending about an hour there I went over to the District and discovered that they have a unique method of driving visitors into the stores. They blare the world's most annoying music out in the parking lot. I thought I'd catch up on my e-mail and some reading in my car for a while. I couldn't stand the music. So I ended up in Ulta buying cosmetics. The cashier there said he was also annoyed by the parking lot music that assaulted him when he left work at night..

On the positive side, I went to a reception at the Winery restaurant and if the food and service nearly approached that of the regular dining room I will be back for dinner. Our appetizers were really fantastic. Lamb chops, sliders, chicken and shrimp kabobs, ahi cups, marinated tomatoes, tarts, creme brulee, brownees. And the servers were polite and efficient.

Off to the gym tomorrow!

7. Re: Dana Point and Orange County Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2014