We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Which Dana Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Valencia, Ca.
reviews: 9
Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Looking for a smaller comfortable place to watch the Masters. Does Turk's have enough TV's? Thanks for the help

So. Cal
reviews: 19
1. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Have you been to Turk's before? The couple of times I've been in there all I really notice is the patrons are pretty toasted by 9am. lol If that's what you're looking for they have around 5 TV's, it's usually pretty tight and crowded in there too. If you're serious about watching the Master's it probably isn't where you want to go. Turk's is an authentic dive bar.

Valencia, Ca.
2. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

thanks for that...yes I really want to watch golf. do you know Hennessey's bar and grill?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 343
3. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Watch the Master's which day? And at what time?

The Dana Point Hennessey's is probably the only one I've never been in, but the rest are all nice with plenty of TV's, good Guinness and pub food.

How far would you be willing to drive? There is a great sports bar at 30000 Town Center Drive, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677..... but its name completely escapes me. It was another place and it has recently remodeled and retooled, a very cool place.

Okay... found it. Signature.

http://signaturesportbar.com/

So. Cal
reviews: 19
4. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Yes, Hennessy's would be better, at least you'll be able to have your own table and tune out others; still there could be a crowd though. The younger folks like the outdoor bar.

There's a newer sports bar called The Point that I have not been to, but there's a regular poster here that has so maybe he'll make some comments.

Would you consider watching it at one of the nicer resorts like the Ritz? They have TV's and people should be very serious about watching the Master's. You'll need to sip on your drinks longer but it would be one heck of a way to watch it. :) You could sit in the bar or they have a cafe with TV's. It's a lovely setting.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
5. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

If you want to watch the match with others, I would suggest going to a golf club -- Maybe the one at the St. Regis Hotel (Club 19). monarchbeachgolf.com/sites/… I have NEVER scene a golf match on any TVs in bars and restaurants outside of country clubs.

Valencia, Ca.
6. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

thank you . I am staying at the St Regis so that works. Was looking for a much more relaxed place .

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
7. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Call around, the Masters is one of the few Golf Matches that has a decent chance to be seen in "regular" locations, not much competition during the day.

If you want to watch more than one day, but move around and try multiple locations.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
8. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Darkbeer -- Have you ever seen a golf match shown at a "regular" location (what does that mean?)? If there are competing basketball or baseball games, I can't imagine the neighborhood bars showing golf.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
9. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

It really depends on the Sports Bar, I can tell you that the ESPN Zone at the LA Live and Downtown Disney will have the Masters on TV, maybe not the "Super" large TV, but on some of their other TV's. (ESPN is broadcasting the first two rounds).

Also places like Buffalo Wild Wings, and any other major sports bar (and why I said "regular" sports bar). Tiger Woods is a major draw, as is the Masters.

Now, a "regular" PGA weekly event, not so much if other events are being broadcasted.

I have seen Golf walking through Las Vegas Sports Bars, also seen it at a Dave & Busters during the afternoon (once again, selected times of the year when not much is being offered).

For example, on Saturday, a place might have the FOX Network on some TV's showing Baseball (game of the week) , and others showing the Masters.

Orange County, CA
reviews: 12
10. Re: Place to watch the Master's in Dana Point

Try the lounge at Wind and Sea at Dana Point Harbor. Very close to Turks but way nicer. Lots of TVs there