We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in Costa Mesa

Which Costa Mesa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich, United...
Places to stay in Costa Mesa

Hi, we are planning to stay in Costa Mesa for 7 nights at the end of July 2013 in the midle of a road trip betwen LV and SF. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (ages 18 and 15), not really kids i know !

We are probably looking for mid price accommodation, and would appreciate if anyone could give us some advice on places to stay??

We will be visiting friends in Newport Beach, but it seems slightly less expensive in Costa Mesa than at Newport Beach.

Any help will be appreciated, this is our first time in California, and will be travelling from the UK.

Mant thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: Places to stay in Costa Mesa

OK, there are a bunch of Hotels right off the 55 freeway in the Costa Mesa area. (The 55 south ends in Newport Beach). Many of these Hotels are designed for business visitors, but tend to be good value.

I love the Ayres chain, and they have a location next to the 73 freeway near the 55.

Top rated Hotel in Costa Mesa at TA. Lovely property, reasonably priced, free parking, free Internet, and a great cooked to order breakfast. Rooms are large and nicely furnished.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32253-d113860-…

Check out the special offer at the link above, and you will get a $50 VISA Gift card and a special rebate.

ayreshotels.com/orange-county/hotel-newport-…

Rooms are currently around $150 to $200 per night.

That would be my first choice.

The Residence Inn is also right off the 55 freeway in Costa Mesa (Baker Street). This is an Extended Stay type of Hotel, so a kitchen in the room, with dishes, pots, pans, etc. provided. Also a free breakfast, good, but not as nice as the Ayres.

So those are the best two options IMHO, both are in your price range (aka mid-range) and are good values.

SoCal
reviews: 9
2. Re: Places to stay in Costa Mesa

I would look at the Holiday Inn Express in Newport Beach and see if that is in budget. A good location with free breakfast.

In Costa Mesa there is a Ramada right off the 55 and is very close to NB.

I would also look a little farther away in Santa Ana right off the 55 near Dyer and Hotel Terrace. There are about 10 motels and hotels there including a nice Embassy Suites with full breakfast and evening snacks with free drinks (alcohol and soda) that is usually reasonably priced.

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
3. Re: Places to stay in Costa Mesa

End of July is Orange County Fair time so many local hotels sell out so do not wait too long to get the reservation.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 146
4. Re: Places to stay in Costa Mesa

With 2 adults and 2 children, I would definitely go for a 2 bedroom suite at the Residence Inn Costa Mesa marriott.com/hotels/…

Reply to: Places to stay in Costa Mesa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted