We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 16
Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

Can someone please tell me about the Sunday Brunch at Del Coronado Hotel. Good, Bad, Cost, Etc.

Thanks, LV

san diego
reviews: 18
1. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

It's very good but VERY expensive, something like $50. per person last time I checked. On holidays it's even more. It's a nice splurge though, beautiful room, lots of choices, etc. They also have a good breakfast buffet in the Sheerwater restaurant downstairs for $17. or so, but I am not sure about the hours. That might be a good alternative.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,778
2. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

Sheerwater also has pretty views of the ocean and good food. Do reserve at either place in advance.

The buffet at Hotel Del Coronado is also quite nice (very special for holiday occasions). Cost is high as noted above - food is good.

Another good place for breakfast is Brockton Villa in La Jolla. http://www.brocktonvilla.com/

Great view of the ocean...and which I consider more fun for breakfast/brunch.

Do reserve here in advance also.

Coronado, CA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

Our last brunch at the Del was medicore at best. And really expensive: with tip, tax & parking it was close to $200 (I should point out it was Thanksgiving).

I don't mind paying the bucks if the food is awesome. It just wasn't, and I've heard others say about the same thing.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
4. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

take a look at www.sandiegosundaybrunchmaster.com

There are pictures and recommendations for every brunch insandiego county

Edmonds, Washington
reviews: 4
5. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

We had a wonderful Sunday Brunch at The Del on July 30th. We started out our day celebrating our son's 16th B-Day there and then off to the beach ending w/ our late flight back to Seattle. I would highly recommend it as it offers over 200 items. Everything we tried was delicious. Of course, the chocolate fountain was the BIG hit at our table. The price per adult is $54.00 and worth every penny IMHO.

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
6. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

I am posting to this thread quite a few months after it was started, but I have experienced the Sunday Brunch at The Del and would like to contribute.

I think Sunday Brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado is an experience that everyone should indulge in at some time in their life. Yes, it is expensive, but you are sitting in the Crown Room of the famous Del and you have a tremendous amount of good food to eat. I also enjoyed the personal service and attention I received. I was dining alone. The host made sure I had an excellent table by the window, just as I requested, and my server came over often to see how I was doing and chat a little, while still remaining professional about it. It made me feel truly like a valued guest. I suggest two things. One be prepared for lots of people out and about on Sundays mornings in Coronado and so arrive early. Second, take a walk on the beach afterwards or just sit around the lobby. You will be so full that you won't want to do much else!

The Sheerwater is also a great experience. Especially in the evening. But, here is a tip. At certain times of the day and evening you can order the same appetizers in the Babcock and Story Lounge. If you take a set at an outside table you will receive service there and be able to soak up the atmosphere without waiting to be seated at the Sheerwater, which often has long waits. Just don't expect the best of service from the bar waitresses. Waiters at the Sheerwater do provide more personable service.

Here's a tip. If you would like a great Sunday Brunch in San Diego without spending a lot of money, visit the Red Lion Hanalei Hotel in Mission Valley. This brunch is a fabulous spread for about $25 in a nice Hawaiian atmoshere. Then afterwards go to The Del for a walk on the beach and end your day with a drink while watching the sunset from a table in front of the Babcock and Story Lounge. There is usually a wonderful Spanish guatarist playing outside during that time.

7. Re: Sunday Brunch Hotel Del Coronado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 15, 2009