We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coronado Island in February 2013

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Junction...
Coronado Island in February 2013

Hello, I would like to hear suggestions on accommodations for 2 seniors for a week or 10 days next February on Coronado Island. We would like a romantic, quiet place, short walk to beach, around $200 a night maximum. Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
1. Re: Coronado Island in February 2013

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

There should be a variety of types of places available in your price range.

The 1906 Lodge would be a lovely romantic place that has rooms in your range especially since you are staying for more than just over night!

Take a look and see if it is something you'd like!

http://www.1906lodge.com/

Edited: 2:30 pm, October 11, 2012
Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 101
2. Re: Coronado Island in February 2013

Hi Denise,

Welcome to Coronado.

To meet the "short walk to the beach" requirement, there are several hotels near the Hotel del Coronado that are within walking distance to the beach (less than a quarter to a third of a mile), including the 1906 Lodge that Riff mentioned above. They are:

http://goo.gl/maps/qZ8ay (Letters on the map correspond to hotels below)

A. La Avenida Inn (on Orange Ave, but set back from street a little)

B. El Cordova Hotel (on corner of Orange and Adella)

C. Coronado Beach Resort (on Orange Ave.)

D. Capri Villa by the Sea (on Orange Ave.)

E. Glorietta Bay Inn

F. 1906 Lodge

Aside from walking through the lobby of the El Cordova to eat at Miguel's restaurant, I have not stayed at any of the hotels above, so I can't speak with first-hand knowledge about their rooms or service. You can check the reviews of each on Trip Advisor.

I mentioned that they're located on Orange Ave. or not because Orange Ave is the major thoroughfare through Coronado, and you may want to ask for a room that's away from the street and traffic noise.

The nice thing about all of those hotels is that they're within walking distance (< 1 mile) of pretty much all the shops, restaurants, and theaters in Coronado Village. (And if you wanted to be ambitious, it's a 2 mile walk to the Coronado Ferry Landing).

The other possibility, although not within walking distance of the beach by any stretch of the imagination, is the Marriott which is on the water but on the harbor side of Coronado (close to the ferry landing). To get to the beach would be a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic.

I hope that helps.

3. Re: Coronado Island in February 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, March 07, 2013

Chula Vista...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 101
4. Re: Coronado Island in February 2013

J_man46815

I see this is your first post in the forums, so two pieces of advice.

First, the original post was back in October for a visit last month. It always helps to check the original post date.

But I suspect that really doesn't matter to you, because when I look at the rental property on the link you provided, it appears that you may be the owner of the property (owner "Joe" also lives in Sewell, NJ--what are the chances of that being a coincidence?).

Self-promotion violates the terms of TA postings.

Reply to: Coronado Island in February 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted