We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nv
reviews: 100
Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

I am interested in finding a nice, local oriented place, on the upscale side, to perhaps watch the sunset. Any ideas?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

At the Del itself. Great bar to sit out , have a drink or two and watch the Sunset. We did that over the Christmas break.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
2. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

The Hotel Del Coronado has an outdoor beach terrace overlooking the sand that would be lovely!

I also like the view from the Ferry Landing outdoor mall which doesn't face the ocean but faces downtown. You don't see the sun going down(facing the wrong way) but it is a great view of the city skyline which gets lit up at night.

There are several nice restaurants there:Candelas,Peohes,Il Fornaio.

Reno, Nv
reviews: 100
3. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

Thanks to you both! I enjoy the Del and I am sure I will spend time there, but I am here to explore as a possible place to relocate so I am also interested in where the local might go. Especially in the next few days!

Thanks again!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
4. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

As you can see from my profile, I am just a "damm" tourist and not a local :-)

So.Cal
reviews: 9
5. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

Sunset viewing means the west coast, and I'm not aware of anything other than the Del on that side of the island. Most locals will hang out at places in the village, which won't have a sunset view.

Another option would be the view across the harbor to downtown San Diego at sunset. It's beautiful watching the sun reflect off the buildings and the lights coming on in the city, with boats going back and forth in the foreground. There are a couple of restaurants at the Ferry Landing (east side of Coronado Island) with outside patio seating where you could probably have a drink and appetizers or early dinner. One is Peohe's - get's mixed reviews, but we're usually happy there and love the view.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
6. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

Well, so far 2 locals(Kartgv and I ) have mentioned the same 2 spots.

IF you want other spots then you might need to leave Coronado.

You'll find that many locals take advantage of the same great views that interest our visiting vacationers!

7. Re: Where to enjoy an early evening cocktail?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 21, 2013