We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
reviews: 2
Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

We have a room booked at the Loews for 4 nights. It's a room with 2 double beds. There are 3 adults and one teenager in our party. Marriotte also has room available with the same bed situation but for more money. We really want to be close to the beach, but also have plans to explore the city of San Diego. We will have a car - both hotels have parking fee. Should we stick with our reservation at the Loews or switch to Marriotte. The Glorietta , 1906 lodge and Best Western are sold out. Also, is ti possible to stay in San Diego and still make it to the beach?

San Diego...
1. Re: Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

I like the Coronado Marriott resort grounds and it is also in walking distance to restaurants, cafes, groceries. AND it's next door to the Ferry Landing where you can take the Ferry to Downtown SD and explore there w/o a car and having to pay to park. You will still be very close to the beach at Coronado (10 min or so in the car.) Also the quaint Village. If you don't want to drive you can take the 901 bus or a quick taxi if you want to go out to dinner there. I think it's a good location to get around. I worked right next door for almost 6 yrs. It's takes from 10 - 15 to get to the heart of Downtown SD. (It took me 8-10 min from where I live.) It's not far from the Zoo. Everthing is within easy drive. I think it's a good choice.

The problem with the Loews is that it is not walking distance to anything. So if you want to be able to walk to restaurants, shops, etc. it's not practical. I think that's why it's cheaper. But if that's not important to you then it would be fine.

San Diego...
2. Re: Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

"Also, is ti possible to stay in San Diego and still make it to the beach?"

Sorry, I don't understand. WHERE in San Diego are you referring to? If you mean Downtown, YES, with a car you can get to many beaches.

Staying on Coronado WITH a car you can visit many beaches other than Coronado if you want. Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Mission Bay, Pacific Beach, La Jolla just to name a few.

Bottom line - WITH a car you can easily get to any of our beaches. Parking in downtown SD will be more (I think) then at the Coronado Marriott.

Kansas City...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

Thank you. We really wanted to be able to walk to the beach in the morning, so we won't waste any time on driving/parking. I guess, there is no middle ground - either stay close to the beach and drive elsewhere or the other way around.

4. Re: Coronado: Loews vrs Marriotte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 30, 2013