We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shreveport...
reviews: 9
Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

My husband and I are traveling to San Diego in April, for the first time. I have pretty much decided to stay over on Coronado instead of San Diego, but am trying to decide between the Coronado Marriott Island Resort and the Glorietta Bay Inn. Does anyone have any advice or experience with either or both of these?? The Marriott seems to be convenient to the ferry etc. Thanks!!

Omaha
reviews: 38
1. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

Just back from 5 nights at the Marriott. Great hotel, as you mentioned an easy walk to the ferry or Marriott's ferry service. Many restaurants within easy walking distance also. The beach is walkable also, a mile or so, but we went twice and chose to drive. Parking was easy during the week when we were there. Either the Marriott wasn't busy or this place is always quiet. Many times had the pool area to ourselves. We were impressed with the Marriott staff and the amenities offered.

arizona
2. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

I stayed at the Glorietta last year and loved it had a boutique feel which I loved..Only drawback was the pool was very small and could never find chairs.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 342
3. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

If it were me, I'd prefer the full service Marriott over the more boutiquey Glorietta Bay Inn. Some places I like boutique hotels, but on Coronado I'd go for the better pool area.

I also like that the Marriott has a quieter location than the Glorietta Bay Inn,

arizona
4. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

I'm going back this summer and thinking of trying the Marriot, is it easy access to beaches and orange Ave? Can't recall where it was.

Shreveport...
5. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

Thank you, to everyone, for your response!!! This was exactly the feedback, I was looking for. I will, hands down, choose the Marriott!! Sounds like the perfect location - quiet, relaxing, good services and convenient to all of the attractions in town, right across the harbor, by water taxi or ferry. Glorietta Bay Inn did look a little closed in and small, the more I looked at it. If you had/have a favorite restaurant or activity, I would love to hear about it, as well. Our trip is only three weeks away!!! The forum is great........

Coronado, California
reviews: 59
6. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

For the beach, the Glorietta Bay Inn is best, only 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. Also closer to the busier end of Orange Ave for shops and restaurants.

Shreveport...
7. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

Thank you for your reply. We just returned from our trip to San Diego. We did stay at the Marriott. We loved the quiet, bay side of the island (and our upgrade to an executive suite), but walked over to the Glorietta Bay/Orange Ave side twice and enjoyed that, as well. Don't think you can go wrong with either, just depends what you are looking for. Had a great time and would love to go back to the area. Still lots to do.........

8. Re: Coronado Marriott vs Glorietta Bay Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 20, 2013