We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

Which Coronado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 26
Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

My cousin just told me it cost her $35 (with tip, I think) to take a taxi to the Coronado Shores from the airport. I wonder if I couldn't take the Del Coronado Shuttle which might be cheaper and then a taxi or walk to the Shores from there, or another shuttle service? Any advice? Being 65 with a finicky back, I'm not interested in taking a bus into town and then the ferry.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 73
1. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

It doesn't sound like this would work for you--but the standard transit route would be to take the 901 bus over to Downtown San Diego. When you get to Market St., you'd transfer to the 992 bus which goes almost nonstop from downtown to the airport.

You could cut your taxi cost by taking a taxi to say Santa Fe Depot and catching the 992 there. But you would have already covered most of the distance and thus paid most of the fare.

Dana Point...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

The Shores are located next door to the Del. I'd say your Del Shuttle plan is great. Once there, you can determine whether your back is up to the walk to the Shores (downhill walk; distance depends on which Shores building you want). Have fun! You'll love it here.

Victoria
3. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

Taka a Town Car - they pick you up inside the ariport and drive you right to the door! I have used San Diego Transporter and they are excellent.

Burlington...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

Unfortunately, the Del Shuttle costs $ 32.00, so when you add the tip, it would be the same. I just called a few days ago, as I'm going to Coronado for my first time and do not want to rent a car. I'm wondering if a town car is any advantage over the Del Shutlle? We're planning to stay at the Del.

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 26
5. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

Thank you all for your replies. In the end, I was picked up by a friend at the airport. But going back I took a taxi from the Shores and with tip it was $30, a little less than the Del Shuttle and certainly more convenient.

Coronado, California
reviews: 59
6. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

Quickest and easiest is a taxi from the airport about $30with tip.

7. Re: Best transportation to Coronado Shores from airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 21, 2013