We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel/Monterey Trip Report

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
Carmel/Monterey Trip Report

My husband & I just got back yesterday from our wonderful little trip. We stayed 2 nights at The Green Lantern Inn, which was very nice.

We got to Carmel around 3pm on Saturday (a little later than we had hoped, but oh well), we checked in to our B&B, freshened up, then we for a walk around downtown. After an hour or 2 of window shopping ect we went to Little Napoli for dinner. It was fantastic!

After dinner we walked back to our room to drop off our leftovers, then got our car and went to Monterey for more shopping and to catch a movie. We ended up missing the movie we wanted to see, so we picked up a bottle of Champagne and we back to out room, and had a very relaxing, quiet evening.

The next morning my husband went down to the Lobby to get breakfast to bring back to our room, which ended up being a lot better then I thought it would be. He had a bacon and cheese omelette and I had a waffle, and we both had some fresh fruit.

Later we went back to Monterey and had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. After lunch we went on the 17 Mile Drive, and we also drove all over Pacific Grove. My husband loved PG so much he wished we had stayed there instead of Carmel!

We then shopped some more in Monterey, then saw a movie. After that we went back to our room to drop off everything we bought, then went out to dinner at The Mission Ranch. It was wonderful!

The next day we checked out and went to Cannerey Row in Monterey. There we met up with our 20 month old daughter, my monher-in-law (who had been watching her all weekend for us), my sister, and her boyfriend and we all went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This was such a highlight! My daughter was so thrilled!

After this we headed back to Carmel for an early dinner at Lenny's Deli (it was OK), then we all went our separate ways home. My husband and I (now with our daughter) took beautiful HWY1 back, and even though it takes SO much longer than the 101 it was SO worth it.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
1. Re: Carmel/Monterey Trip Report

Thanks so much for the trip report. It sounds as though you had a relaxing time. I have to agree with your husband about Pacific Grove, but I'm a little biased. It's good to know that the Green Lantern Inn would be worth recommending. Thanks again.

reviews: 740
2. Re: Carmel/Monterey Trip Report

Sounds very nice! We have been to the Carmel/Monterey area so many times and there is always something new to discover in the area. We enjoyed a nice day trip to the Monterey/PG area ourselves last Sat. I wished we would have had our kayaks, tho! :)

3. Re: Carmel/Monterey Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 19, 2009