We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DVD rental?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange county
reviews: 19
DVD rental?

So excited about spending a week here soon. The weather will be rainy and cool. We will be with our dog so we plan to spend most evening in the vacation rental, relaxing and snuggling. Is there a DVD rental place in or near the city?

Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: DVD rental?

I don't think there are DVD rental stores anymore. They have these red box DVD rental machines, usually in grocery stores. Or if you have a computer or an iPad, subscribe to Netflex.

reviews: 740
2. Re: DVD rental?

Your rental should have DVD's also. Let us know if you would like dining recs for the area! Have fun! :)

Santa Clara...
reviews: 17
3. Re: DVD rental?

Was going to suggest Redbox too. There are kiosk machines at Save Mart and Safeway it appears You can search their selections before you go. It's very easy to use if you have never tried the machines before.

www.redbox.com/locations?loc=carmel%2Cca

Edited: 12:17 pm, February 21, 2014
Orange county
reviews: 19
4. Re: DVD rental?

Thank you for the resource of Red Box. We get Netflix but it's the cheap version because we usually don't have time to watch many movies or tv because we are so busy. The rental doesn't have DVD's so the REd Box is a great alternative to cable.

Monterey Peninsula...
5. Re: DVD rental?

You might want to bring your own DVDs.

You say you're staying in a "vacation rental" and you've posted on the Carmel forum. I hope the house is outside the city limits because house rentals of less than 30 days are illegal within the city limits of Carmel. But that doesn't always stop some property owners from trying.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Central Ca.
reviews: 3
6. Re: DVD rental?

I would think that would be a problem for the "rentor", not the "rentee". But, hey, I'm not a lawyer.

Monterey Peninsula...
7. Re: DVD rental?

It could be a huge problem for the "rentee" if the law catches up with the "rentor" somewhere between the time the rentee books the rental and the time they show up. I once heard from a Carmel innkeeper who said he's had guests show up at his inn who got burned in just that fashion. They rented a house and found out the illegal operation had been shut down when they arrived.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Reply to: DVD rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted