We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for something to do after 8PM

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
reviews: 26
Looking for something to do after 8PM

We are coming to Carmel this weekend. The last time we were there the whole town seemed to shut down very early. Are there any clubs or bars that we didn't stumble across last time that stay open later in the night? I am only going to walk so in town is a requirement.

11 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 344
1. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

finish dinner

movies

check the Carmel calendar

http://www.monterey.com/events/calendar.cfm

Drinks...

Best to head to Monterey by the aquarium - Cannery Row

http://www.canneryrow.com/

Vibe after 9 in general though is quiet.

Edited: 5:06 pm, November 19, 2013
reviews: 685
2. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Check out Terry's Lounge @ The Cypress inn! :).

Monterey Peninsula...
3. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Pacific Repertory Theater at the Golden Bough Playhouse will have Monty Python's Spamalot, which opens this weekend. That should be a lot of fun. The theater is on Monte Verde Street between 8th and 9th. It's within walking distance of the business district, but it's kind of a dark forested neighborhood, so you'll need a flashlight to find your way if you're on foot. http://www.pacrep.org/ Showtime is 7:30, though, so it may be too early.

Sunset Center for the Performing Arts (San Carlos and 9th streets) has a symphony concert at 8:00 PM on Saturday the 23rd. www.sunsetcenter.org/event_calendar.htm

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
4. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Carmel is pretty quiet.

Check out the bar at the Hog's Breath Inn or if you want actual activity, go to Sly McFly's in Monterey.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
5. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Uhhmmmm, the OP indicates they don't have a car (and the movies, really? Snore.)

It's about a mile away from downtown Carmel but Mission Ranch has a great piano bar.

http://missionranchcarmel.com/restaurant.html

Edited: 8:02 pm, November 19, 2013
San Jose
6. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

I'll have a car but the place we are staying has a bad parking situation. If I get a spot I want to keep it and walk everywhere, especially if I have a cocktail or two. My wife may fall asleep early and I may go hoof it for a while by myself.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
7. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

As WD says, the piano bar at the Restaurant at Mission Ranch is a lot of fun and goes 7 nights a week. But if you are staying in central Carmel, it's a bit of a hike. The Oyster Bar at Flaherty's is a laid-back place for a drink, but is a good spot.. As was mentioned earlier, Carmel is pretty quiet later in the evenings.

San Jose
8. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Off to Terry's we go! Review soon enough.

reviews: 685
9. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Hope you like it! Let us know. :)

San Jose
10. Re: Looking for something to do after 8PM

Food was really good, and not outrageously priced for Carmel. I had a boneless short rib dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans. The wife had a burger. Service was good. We sat in bar area. It was a "mature" crowd in there last night and probably every night. It was so cool to see so many dogs hanging out with their humans watching the live music. If you don't like dogs stay away. If you love dogs like we do it is a must-see. Breakfast at The Cottage was really good too. Service was great.

Reply to: Looking for something to do after 8PM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted