We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch suggestions?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carmel, Indiana
reviews: 8
Lunch suggestions?

Our trip this day of vacation is from Cambria to Santa Cruz, leaving in the morning. We would like to stop in Carmel for lunch before heading to Santa Cruz. We are in SC for 3 nights, so will be heading back to Carmel/Monterey to visit one day.

I'd like to have lunch in the "Village", an interesting place to eat with a variety of choices. My boys are 20 and 17, so they enjoy interesting restaurants, too.

Also, my husband read somewhere that it's very hard to find a place to just park your car and walk around, is this true?

7 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Lunch suggestions?

http://www.labicycletterestaurant.com/ is one we try and go to If we are there for just a quick stop we go to Carmel Bakery for their pastries and coffee

Also Casanova. These are the three we've eaten at most recently. There are plenty of others

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 266
2. Re: Lunch suggestions?

Casanova is also one of our favorites for lunch or dinner. We can usually find street parking within a block or two of where we want to go. There also are a few lots for public parking.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 43
3. Re: Lunch suggestions?

PortaBella is great for lunch.

Carmel, Indiana
reviews: 8
4. Re: Lunch suggestions?

Thanks, I'm going to go check those out!

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
5. Re: Lunch suggestions?

Our favorite is Anton & Michel. We have never had problem finding a parking space. You may have to go a couple of blocks off the main street.

Mi Wuk Village...
6. Re: Lunch suggestions?

The Dametra Cafe has an eclectic menu of European, Middle Eastern and North African dishes. One of the most popular restaurants in town so reservations are probably a must.

reviews: 713
7. Re: Lunch suggestions?

Dametra Cafe has excellent food and is right on Ocean Ave. Casanova is also one of our favorites for lunch. They have a spacious outdoor patio that is really nice there. Anton & Michel is a more formal venue, may be a bit too stuffy for the boys.

Another consideration is Mission Ranch where you can sit outside on the spacious patio and take in the views but it is not right in the village. This restaurant is in a beautiful setting with green pastures and oceanviews, just a few minutes from downtown Carmel.

www.carmelcalifornia.com Enjoy your travels! :)

Reply to: Lunch suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted